 Technic / 10575
Re: New MOC: Car chassis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:52:52 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Alastair Disley wrote:
   Yes - the problem was not the width of the rear axle (it should be possible to shave off abother 2 studs there and retain independent suspension) but the steering mechanism at the front, with the wheels against the cylinder block on full lock. I want to keep the block low so that the design doesn’t hamper realistic car modeling.
What if you used an inline four engine design instead of the V6? It should allow the front chassis, and therefore the steering rack, to be not as wide. I don’t really think it would affect the realism of the model. Actually, if it’s not possible to use the inline four, then I think it might be cool to use a V8! :)

Anyway, I really like all the features compressed into such a small model. How long did it take to build the whole car?

Max