 Technic / 10425
Re: New MOC: Car chassis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 22:03:04 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Alastair Disley writes:
This is my attempt to compress the features of classic car chassis into
a much smaller one, to hopefully fit inside 14 wide model cars.  It's
still a bit wider than that, so ideas for further compression are
welcome.  It features a V6 engine, gearbox (only 2 gears), working
steering, rear suspension and a differential.

You can fid it at:

http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~acd114/lego/larger.html

In case the photos aren't clear, I've included an LDraw file of it as
well.  Do let me know what you think,

Alastair

Cool... It reminds me of my little sports car (See Cool New MOCs page),
which the hardest part was fitting all those mechanisms in that tiny car...
and creating those mechanisms from other parts (problem that I think I'm the
only one who has it)...

Remembering my little car gives me some ideas, maybe not for reducing size,
but adding more functions in a small pack: for example, use a rear live axle
setup (it will save you a lot of space, but may not be as interesting as a
rear independent setup) and maybe you can add a front suspension set up...
but it will be slightly wide (up to 14 studs as far as I know, please tell
me if you can reduce its width), add pop-up headlights (it won't take too
much space), etc... Good job

But I would like more details for the Buggy: does it have suspension? Are
there more functions? Can you post a .ldr file? If I'm not wrong, did you
use only parts from 8437 Future Car? Good job... I would like to see more
details of both cars

Luis
(comments, instructions, death threats, etc. please remove all the X's)