 Technic / 10700
Re: New MOC: Car chassis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:45:44 GMT

Max Maxwell wrote:

What if you used an inline four engine design instead of the V6? It should allow
the front chassis, and therefore the steering rack, to be not as wide. I don't
really think it would affect the realism of the model. Actually, if it's not
possible to use the inline four, then I think it might be cool to use a V8! :)

True.  It would increase the height a little, which depending on the
bodywork might not work, and the steering might have to be offset.  I
was originally designing it to go inside an E-type model, so a V6 or V8
would be appropriate there.

I think the real challenge would be to keep the rough dimensions but
make it front or four wheel drive! ;-)

Anyway, I really like all the features compressed into such a small model. How
long did it take to build the whole car?

I think it was two sessions of a few hours each - the first to
experiment with the various different bits, the second to combine them
all together in one car.  So probably the best part of a day all in.
Plus a few hours of MLCAD!

Alastair

--
LEGO creations: http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~acd114/lego/lego.html