 Star Wars / 7267
  Millennium Falcon Opinion

Wow, having looked at all the photos from various sources, I have to say that I probably won't be buying the Millennium Falcon set. What a disappointment. TLG did such a good job on sets like the X-Wing and the Snowspeeder, and even Slave I... the (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes: SNIPP! (...) I have to disagree with you here, as a 15 year old, I would toss this thing out a window if I MOCed (is this a verb?) it. You are totally correct on all other points, poor design, POOPness, and (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

Well, by "kid" I meant ages 8-12 as it shows on the box. I'm glad that you have taste, however. :^) ~Mark (...) AFOLS (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

Knowing me, I'd probably buy it if I could, but I'd end up dismantling it like I did the Tie/advanced and one of my B-wings. It looks like a better resource for good minifigs and large grey pieces if you ask me. (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

Remember, Legos are TOYS, and they are made for KIDS. Don't get me wrong, I wish Lego would target us AFOLs, but they don't, and so we have to take what they give us or create our own models. That is, after all, why we like Legos. I don't have (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) i agree it is the only set that i know that has c3po and leia... and i think that lego did the best that they could... would any of you buy an enhanced better bigger more accurate one for more than double the price? -James Walker (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Umm, yes. A UCS MF would be horrible expensive, but I'm guessing it'd be over 2500-3000 pieces. That's a lot. -Chris (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Of course there are people here who would buy it. The real question is, are there *enough* people in the world at large to make it worth designing, marketing, soliciting, producing, and shipping? Probably not. Anyone who is disappointed with (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) And where's Obi-Wan? I could have sworn he was on it. =P -- Agent 0007 AIM: Agent O0O7 (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

Well I have said it before and I guess I have to say it again. The external scale of the life-sized falcon used in the movies is 40 percent smaller than the internal sets that were used. TLC's falcon is a near perfect external scale. Of course this (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I hate to tell you this, but obi wan died during the fight on the death star, therefore he isnt on the falcon in this case. (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) like I (...) resource for (...) Hey, good idea, except how do you know that the set isn't going *to* the Death Star :) Ah well, you can get (old) Obi-Wan's in a relatively cheap set, so I wouldn't be worrying. And another thing, Obi Wan didn't (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) leia, it would have obi wan instead. (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

Hello, I think it is okay for LEGO to make toys that are for kids and enjoyable to the collector crowd. I will give credit to LEGO for the model they have given us on both the toy and collector side. As a toy it satisfies all of the play (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) it (...) Death (...) island (...) How do you know it is not an inflatable Leia? "It's not my nose, it's a false one," MPFC: Holy Grail Aaron (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Hmm... Why would R2D2 have need for an inflatable Leia? If anyone had a reason to have one, that would be R4D5, but he isn't included with the set. Or maybe that isn't the case... Ol' Obi-Wan is probably just doing some of his cross dressing (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

The only falcon that was 40% too small was the one used in the first film (which incidentally, the set for was in my town :) the ones in the other films were the right size. alot of information about the millenium falcon is here: (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Feh. I actually like the thing. I liked it in preliminary photos, and I still like it. Granted, I wouldn't consider it even CLOSE to being the end-all be-all of Falcon MOCs, but for parts it's stunning. Even the saucer sections look useful! (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

I'd buy a UCS MF and pay up to $500 as long as it was done RIGHT. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

My beefs aren't with scale. I realize that TLG couldn't make this thing big enough, because it would just cost too much. I stand by my comments, however, on the matters of: - color... once again, light blue?!?! why not more dark gray? [Cost to fix (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Please explain how you can make this Piece Out of Other Pieces. Use the back of the paper if you need extra room. I don't think you actually can. eric (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

That depends on your definition of POOP. If you define it as Piece Of One Purpose, then it fits the bill... I was defining it as such. ~Mark (...) the back (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

BTW, I realize that I used a non-standard, or '"incorrect" definition, if you will. Perhaps I should have called it a PEWC... but that stands for Pre-fab Explorien Wing Cockpit... so only the Cockpit moniker applies. Anyone have a better acronym for (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Well, we could just refer to it as the M-F(ing) cockpit piece. But this is a family show. :D I hadn't heard POOP defined as "Piece of One Purpose", I knew it only as the insidious "Piece of other Pieces", which is the evilest thing Lego has (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Hi Mark, I think that the generally accepted acronym for a big piece with one barely- reasonable purpose is SPUD (Single Purpose Ugly/Unusable Design). HTH! -Adam 8^D (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) you (...) Pre-fab (...) Sounds good to me. (...) Dang. (...) as the (...) ever (...) Yeah, or how about the Adventurers car-seat thing... bleah. I have a whole bin full of POOPs and BURPs... though more of the former than the latter. ~Mark (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Millennium Falcon Saucer Bottoms (Was: Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion)

(...) By the way, does anyone know what colour these are on 7190? Or are they black again? best LFB (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I vote for SPUD or single purpose ugly decorative (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I think a SPUD is more like the trees or the li'l flowers... I don't really think of a cockpit window as a "decorative" element, though it is certainly a single purpose element. How about SPUC for single purpose ugly cockpit/canopy? Doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) As others in this thread mentioned, your definition is actually a SPUD, which has many definitions but is often known as Single Purpose UnLEGOish Design. -Shiri P.S. <plug> (URL) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

This is really the question of all the people that gripe and moan about the model are you still going 2 buy it? steve (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

I am not a big fan of it, but it is sitting here on my coffee table waiting to be put together. I also have my UCS X-wing here, also waiting to be put together, and I am expecting my UCS Tie too be here any day. I do think that Lego did as good as (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Saucer Bottoms (Was: Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion)

(...) Gray. I saw a low angle shot a while ago... Jeff (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I might buy it after it goes on sale. I'm not willing to pay full price though. <snip> (...) Why is that really the question? I think TLG raised the bar on themselves in this case, and I think they should have been a bit more careful when (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I agree with you 100%. We all expected a paired-down Falcon, but I don't think that we expected such a thrown-together and poorly-conceived specimen. Though it was designed for kids, TLC should still have taken pride in faithfully reproducing (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Perhaps, but...such UnLEGOish designs are sadly becoming VERY LEGOish. (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) TLC wouldn't have needed to double the price to produce a more accurate Falcon - they could have done so with a more accurate and judicious selection of pieces. I realize that the MF is a hot item, so TLC is going to make it an expensive set, (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) LEGOish. Yeah... I recently inherited some of my little bro's Lego parts because he's entering High School and (gasp!) doesn't want them anymore. I was suprised at the huge SPUD/POOP boat-hull things that came from the TimeCruisers set. Much (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) For full price? Not a chance. For 75% off? Nope. For half off? No. For 75% off? Yes, if I could ever find it that cheap. It's just too little for too much to persuade me. (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Exactly! (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I'd like to make two points: 1) Assuming that TLC showed the final model to Lucas first, how could Lucas accept it? 2) Maybe we, as a group, should boycott the model and refuse to buy it. :) Bryan (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

1st point: I may get lambasted, but I don't think the model is too bad... besides which, Lucas accepted most of the crap Hasbro came up with, including the poorly designed "expanded universe" series. He's also allowed numerous books to be made that (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

OK. Then why was the 40% too small scale used: in ESB when the Falcon is being chased by TIEs, in ROTJ when the Falcon and Luke's X-wing leaves Tattooine, and in the dog fighting scence durring the Battle of Endor. (Basically everytime the outside (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) label (...) make (...) I agree completely. It's been said before and I'll say it again, if TLG made the Falcon to exact scale it would be horrifically expensive and probably too many pieces for the 8-12 age group. They did the best they could (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Umm. Hasbro didn't design most of the "expanded universe" line- LucasFilm/ILM did. They're based on concept sketches for various things from the movie. eric (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Well, except when it's sitting in the docking bay at Mos Eisley, or in the hangar bay at Hoth with Chewie welding on it, or sitting in the space worm, or... In the flight scenes, you really can't get an idea of scale because nobody's standing (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Expanded Universe

Perhaps I should rephrase: poorly implemented "expanded universe" series. They may not have designed the items the line is based off of, but they did design the toys. Poorly. -Bryan (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Expanded Universe

(...) Ah. I have to admit, I never picked any of them up (although I wanted to, because I liked the idea of toys based on design sketches). I was a little taken aback by the amount of things that popped up, popped out, or were "hidden" on them. If (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Expanded Universe

Funny thing is, that mold originally came from a Batman toy. I think Hasbro (Kenner) just thought it would make a good EU toy. Or did the SW version come first? I sure hope the Batman version came first. *shudder* Still, the little "shuttle pod" (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Expanded Universe

(...) Ah! I always thought it probably came from another line, because we all know toy companies love to do that (the Ewok Villiage Playset, for example, was re-marketed as the "Robin Hood: Prince of Theives Bandit's Hideout"). At any rate, it (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Expanded Universe

Well, no, they weren't called Expanded Universe, but they filled the same role that the EU vehicles fill now: Inexpensive little vehicles with one or two features.... so I referred to them as EU. Just a little faux pas on my part. ~M (...) so-called (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) How can you tell? (...) How can you tell? (...) How can you tell? (...) Maybe because it was 'the movies', and strict reality must always fall victim to the dictates of showing a good story? That is, you can fit more of the Falcon in the frame (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Expanded Universe

(...) <gag>! How about the "Deluxe" Luke, Han, Stormtrooper, and Boba Fett? Or even the EU Speeder Bike (looked like a cross between a swoop and a humvee... :) -Bryan (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Expanded Universe

(...) Augh! I had forgotten those. The Desert Skiff from the Deluxe Luke was actually from another toy line, if I recell correctly. eric (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Expanded Universe

(...) Funny, "Ewok" is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thieves-in-the-trees in RH:POT. I figured that Kevin had watched ROTJ a few times too many. While on mind-altering substances. Steve (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) While putting togrther my falcon I noticed a pattern with the different colored pieces. Example: All 1x3 plates were brown All 1x8 tiles were gray All 1x2 grill tiles were blue All 1x4 tiles were dark gray All 2x4 bricks were red All 3x3 (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) True, but I know that when I was a kid, I could distinguish color much better than piece type. For example, I could distinguish red 2x4's from blue 2x4's easier than I could blue 2x4's from blue 2x3's. I looked for color before piece type. So, (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I've noticed this in other sets too. If you bought a set to increase your supply of a certain color, it makes it extremely annoying because you end up having tons of one piece in a color but not of a similar yet useful piece...for example, I (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Something similar can be seen in most recent sets, ie. the MTT and the ATT. I suppose the LEGO Company manufactures the sets this way to cut costs: If you can cut down the part type/colour variations there is in a set, you can also cut down (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

<old man voice> When I was a kid, our spaceships were BLUE and GRAY and we LIKED IT. </old man voice> I don't buy that argument. I built my own stuff when I was a kid. IMO, if you have to learn to differentiate between parts, it only makes you a (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) being (...) Because they are flying right near each other. If the size difference were say 10% then I would understand how one could not tell but 40% is very significant (...) Well the usuall rules of canon (canon = concrete information in a (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) 'scuse me? I thought kids were supposed to have *fun* with LEGO first, not suffer through character-building exercises. But I tend to agree with Fredrick's explanation, anyway. The fewer part-color combinations there are, the simpler (cheaper) (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) not (...) a (...) Scuse me? Since when was building things out of LEGO considered "suffering?" I sure wasn't "suffering" when I was a kid and got my 6980 Galaxy Commander... I was thrilled! It was the biggest spaceship of the LEGO lineup at (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I don't really understand everyones perturbance about "juniorization" or whatever else you dont like about the pieces you get. I bought this set because I wanted the special pieces and the figures. frankly, any other pieces that it comes with (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) pieces (...) red (...) more (...) plates, (...) What we complain about are things that reach us on an emotional level. Those of us who are against "juniorization" are against it because we see this as a cheapening of the toys we grew up with (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I'd like to add that BURPs and POOPs are essential to some of my projects. They allow space conservation where bricks would not. However, it would suck if that was ALL I had. They add to creativity in my case and I welcome them to my (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) projects. (...) would suck (...) them (...) I'll agree with you there. I like some of the POOPs, like the saucer parts. And I agree that BURPs can make building a mountain easier. Still, I was mainly addressing the question of "why do you (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Here's an example of how limiting the 1x4x3 poops are compared to 1x4s: if you had one 2 1x4x3 bricks, you have 24 possible combonations. If you have six 1x4s, you have 102,081,500 possible combonations. Incredible. Alan (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) If I was playing the devil's advocate, I would say that this train of thought suggests that there should be no bricks, only plates. After all, according to your math, there are only 24 ways to combine to 1x4 bricks, but there are 102,081,500 (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I didn't realise there was a 1x4x3 brick (!!). I've only seen thinwalls and windows of that dimension; the thinwalls, of course, don't count as POOPs, because they perform a service that cannot be rendered with standard bricks--namely, making (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) This raises an interesting point. Let's take, for example, some of the rock-patterned slopes on Ninja sets. If Lego gave you 20 preprinted slopes with which to make that shape, people would be whining day and night about having so many (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) patterned (...) make that (...) patterned (...) in the (...) they (...) mention that (...) Oh, I would much rather have seen the Ninja walls as pre-printed slopes even if the set cost was slightly higher (which undoubtedly it would be). I see (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) because (...) making (...) Oh...oops, I meant 2x4s and 2x4x3s. Alan (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) What I meant was that it might be great for a Ninja set, but the utility of those preprinted parts ends there. You can't use them in Space, Town (for the most part), or anything nautical like Hydronauts or boats. Using them would be akin to (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Slopes with rock patterns? Those would be so great! Any time a sloped rock wall was needed, they could be employed. I've built a Divers display (nothing fancy, just the 'official' models with some extra background), with a pier made out of (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) I'd never say that TLC screwed up the scale, because I know there is no 'minifig scale'. Actually, from that POV, the external-set size is a better 'target scale', because that's what they've used to size the ships they've already released. My (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Well-said. Kids don't suffer for being asked to use their brains and develop a few problem-solving skills. IMHO, sets should be designed with attractiveness in mind (and, in regards to SW, with accuracy as well); who cares what color a child's (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) You make a good point, but I don't think that I agree with you. I wouldn't use the 20 said bricks in all my building projects involving slopes, but I would use them in some, as I felt appropriate. I would rather have 20 preprinted slopes that (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

For me, the real problem with the scale of the lego MF has been solved, and that was that it seemed like the cockpit was meant only for one passenger. That was what bothered me most. The other things that bother me are the inside being divided up (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) That (...) being (...) I got my Falcon about a week ago and I've spent the time since building a small corridor from the saucer to the cockpit. It's not very hard but it took a couple of iterations to get it right but I understand what you're (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) It all depends on your definitions. 'Suffering' to one person is 'enjoying' to another.[1] Some kids would be highly frustrated by having to backtrack a couple of steps. Some won't. In your earlier post, you said: (...) (BTW, I generally agree (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) So? Does that mean LEGO should pander to the lowest-common-denominator and the short-of-attention-span by making their sets build-by-color? Bah. I think long-time LEGO builders all possess a certain retentiveness that allows them to paw (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) This hasn't been mentioned yet, so I guess I'll throw in my $0.02. Personally, I'd rather have all matching bricks for my MOCs, but if you look at the stuff that some of the younger kids submit to the Lego magazine, they often are just (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Well, I don't think I agree with the 'supposed to' part. I think OFTEN, character building is unpleasant, but I think it can be fun as well... ESPECIALLY when you can see the results. As someone else pointed out (James S. I think) he was (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

I think that depends on the kid. I got my first DUPLO set when I was 4. I built multicolored things then, sure. When I got the Alpha I Rocket Base in 1980 for my 6th birthday, I was really excited. I got a set of REAL LEGO! From then on, I was (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Personally, (...) In reply, you build with what you've got. My larger projects as a child (sub- 13) were ambitious yet plagued with the "rainbow disease". I had many red and white bricks, followed by blue, yellow and finally black and grey. I (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) Dave, I think that you have written the most concise and articulate statement regarding what is wrong with Lego today. I don't have a perfect analogy offhand, but being a fan of Lego these days is like watching an accident about to happen, or (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion

(...) those (...) to (...) But you raised an example that if instead of the wall panel, there were a bunch of pre-printed slopes that people would complain about, and that in that case, you would rather have one large piece which is easier to toss (...) (24 years ago, 24-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)