 Star Wars / 7267
7266  |  7268
Subject:
Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 18:12:33 GMT

Wow, having looked at all the photos from various sources, I have to say
that I probably won't be buying the Millennium Falcon set. What a
disappointment. TLG did such a good job on sets like the X-Wing and the
Snowspeeder, and even Slave I... the sets captured the essence of their
Star Wars counterparts very well, IMO.

This new Falcon is more like a Turkey.

It has the basic shape of the Falcon, but beyond that it bears no other
resemblance to the "real" thing.

1) The colors are poorly chosen (blue?)

2)The shape is hollow... check out the single-plate-thick hull in the front,
and the empty mandibles... they could at least have enclosed both sides
so you couldn't see through them.

3) The laser cannon on the roof is made from four antennas. Come ON,
LEGO, where's the little widgets or at least a few cylinders to make it look
like a laser cannon? Sheesh. My NLLSO could build a better laser
cannon than that.

4) The interior is square, with hardly any details, and it certainly doesn't
reflect any of the form present in the films.

5) That big cockpit canopy piece is just sad.

I think TLG is going to have to create a UCS Millennium Falcon before I'll
consider buying one... unfortunately, that's not likely to happen because
the cost would be prohibitive.

This seems to be another case of "It's great for the kids," but us AFOLS
are left high and dry.

Discuss.

~Mark