 Star Wars / 7367
Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:39:50 GMT

  While putting togrther my falcon I noticed a pattern with the different
colored pieces.  Example:

All 1x3 plates were brown
All 1x8 tiles were gray
All 1x2 grill tiles were blue
All 1x4 tiles were dark gray
All 2x4 bricks were red
All 3x3 quarter cirdle plates were tan
All 1x2 plates were red
All 1x4 technic beams were blue
All 1x2 sloped bricks were blue
All 1x6 tiles were black
etc  etc  etc

seeing the pattern?

Now, imagine yourself a child 8-12 or older/younger trying to put the
Millenium Falcon together when all the pieces are gray.

True, but I know that when I was a kid, I could distinguish color much better
than piece type.  For example, I could distinguish red 2x4's from blue 2x4's
easier than I could blue 2x4's from blue 2x3's.  I looked for color before
piece type.  So, it *sort of* makes sense.  But there's no reason why they
used SO MANY red and blue pieces.  It would be just as easy to find a grey 1x4
technic beam in a pile of grey bricks as it would be to find a blue 1x4 beam
in a pile of blue bricks.  Something for TLG to think about, hopefully.  I
can't wait for Lego Direct, so I can actually get a reasonable amount of grey,
dark grey, tan, and brown bricks.
-Chris