 Star Wars / 7389
Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 23:22:23 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Joshua Cirinna writes:

I don't really understand everyones perturbance about "juniorization" or
whatever else you dont like about the pieces you get.  I bought this set
because I wanted the special pieces and the figures. frankly, any other • pieces
that it comes with is just manna to me. I like the tan 1x8 plates and the • red
bricks; so I have fewer 1x6 tan plates than 1x8s, I will just have to be • more
conservative with them. ten days ago I dont know if I had ANY 1x8 tan • plates,
now I have a bunch and I think thats great.

What we complain about are things that reach us on an emotional level.
Those of us who are against "juniorization" are against it because we
see this as a cheapening of the toys we grew up with and a loss of the
ability to build things with what otherwise would have been more parts.
Would you rather have 8 2x3 slopes, or just one big POOP? You can
build a variety of things with 8 slopes, but you can only make a single
shape out of that POOP.

When I was a kid I had to make all my spaceships out of the fire station • and
main street, so believe me , its all good! LOL ;)

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have any Space sets.

you guys have the wrong
attitude about this "issue", If it wasn't for legos, some of you would • probably
be online complaining about the quality of the new GI Joe repaints or • some
garbage like that. seriously!

Why do you think we have the wrong attitude? Why is it wrong to complain
about it when the company gives you a BURP when you could have built
a multitude of different things from those parts?

I read all these petty posts on lugnet,
complaining about this and that, It makes me laugh, its just that funny. • In my
eyes, legos just keep getting better the more I get :)

That's partly true for me as well. More parts are always good. LEGO still
includes many useful parts, and I admit to liking -some- of the POOP
pieces (mostly the cockpit canopies). Still, I'd rather have the pile of
bricks necessary to make the shape that TLG creates with a single
BURP.

Think about how much it would limit your creativity if all you had were
POOPs and BURPs.

If we wanted big, pre-fab shapes, then we wouldn't be buying LEGO.

~Mark

I'd like to add that BURPs and POOPs are essential to some of my projects.
They allow space conservation where bricks would not.  However, it would suck
if that was ALL I had.  They add to creativity in my case and I welcome them
to my brick-pile.  I just have to move them aside so I can find the little
pieces underneath.
Basking in BURP and POOP,
Aaron :^)