 Star Wars / 7398
Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 06:09:27 GMT

Alan Gerber wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
What we complain about are things that reach us on an emotional level.
Those of us who are against "juniorization" are against it because we
see this as a cheapening of the toys we grew up with and a loss of the
ability to build things with what otherwise would have been more parts.
Would you rather have 8 2x3 slopes, or just one big POOP? You can
build a variety of things with 8 slopes, but you can only make a single
shape out of that POOP.
Here's an example of how limiting the 1x4x3 poops are compared to 1x4s:  if you
had one 2 1x4x3 bricks, you have 24 possible combonations.  If you have six
1x4s, you have 102,081,500 possible combonations.  Incredible.

I didn't realise there was a 1x4x3 brick (!!).  I've only seen thinwalls and
windows of that dimension; the thinwalls, of course, don't count as POOPs, because
they perform a service that cannot be rendered with standard bricks--namely, making
4-wide structures that allow minifig occupancy.  (Or do you consider a minifig a
POOP too?  ;) )

Personally, I don't mind the large pieces.  I'll incorporate them, as I always do,
and disguise them to the best of my ability.  For example, the large Ninja wall
segment pieces make magnificent breakwaters in the stone pattern, and fantastic
torpedo bulges on warships if unprinted (I'm still looking for more, btw!).  And
the saucer sections...ahhh, Brasso, my truest friend.

best

Lindsay