 Star Wars / 7275
Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 14:30:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Chris Maddison writes:
would any of you buy an enhanced better bigger more accurate one for more
than
double the price?

Umm, yes.  A UCS MF would be horrible expensive, but I'm guessing it'd be over
2500-3000 pieces.  That's a lot.

Of course there are people here who would buy it.

The real question is, are there *enough* people in the world at large to make
it worth designing, marketing, soliciting, producing, and shipping?

Probably not.

Anyone who is disappointed with the design of the Millenium Falcon set is
heartily encouraged to design their own Falcon out of their collection.  I, for
one, appreciate the unique pieces available in the MF set (the minifigs, the
canopy, etc) and will probably buy it when it is available in my area.

Do I think it's a perfect rendition?  No.  Do I think it's about as good as TLC
could produce in a mass-marketable form?  Yeah.

eric