 Star Wars / 7271
Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 05:52:55 GMT

Remember, Legos are TOYS, and they are made for KIDS.  Don't get me wrong, I
wish Lego would target us AFOLs, but they don't, and so we have to take what
they give us or create our own models.  That is, after all, why we like Legos.

I don't have children, and I don't intend on having children.  I realize,
however, that Legos are toys, no matter how I try to justify my obsession.
Being toys, Legos are made for kids, and that may never change.

-Bryan

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
Wow, having looked at all the photos from various sources, I have to say
that I probably won't be buying the Millennium Falcon set. What a
disappointment. TLG did such a good job on sets like the X-Wing and the
Snowspeeder, and even Slave I... the sets captured the essence of their
Star Wars counterparts very well, IMO.

This seems to be another case of "It's great for the kids," but us AFOLS
are left high and dry.

Discuss.

~Mark