 Star Wars / 7440
Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 19:48:29 GMT

I think that depends on the kid. I got my first DUPLO set when I was 4. I
built multicolored things then, sure.

When I got the Alpha I Rocket Base in 1980 for my 6th birthday, I was
really excited. I got a set of REAL LEGO! From then on, I was building
things that had symmetry and color definition. I always hated things that
were "rainbow'd" together.

I was a pretty precocious, retentive little kid though.

~Mark

In lugnet.starwars, Toki Barron writes:

This hasn't been mentioned yet, so I guess I'll throw in my $0.02. • Personally,
I'd rather have all matching bricks for my MOCs, but if you look at the • stuff
that some of the younger kids submit to the Lego magazine, they often • are just
building things by the shap without even considering the color.  I know I • did
that.  So it might even be that younger Lego builders like getting a bunch • of
different colors.  I don't know to whom Lego sells the majority of its
products, but I would imagine that their market research is generally • focused
on the kids within the age ranges listed on the packages.

Toki