 Star Wars / 7437
Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 17:28:47 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:

Building with LEGO is an *optional* activity.  There's no way to *make*
someone play with LEGO.  If LEGO sets are designed with a higher
requirement for learning to differentiate parts, then people who find that
activity unpleasant are less likely to enjoy building from LEGO sets.

So? Does that mean LEGO should pander to the
lowest-common-denominator and the short-of-attention-span by making
their sets build-by-color? Bah. I think long-time LEGO builders all
possess a certain retentiveness that allows them to paw through piles of
bricks for hours to build things. My brother didn't possess this
skill/affliciton, which is why I inherited his LEGO along with my own. He
was always really impressed with the things I built, and he played with
them, but he never really created anything of his own.

I really don't think the people who bought the Millennium Falcon would
have skipped over it because a few differently-sized bricks were of the
same color. They bought it because it's the Millennium Falcon. They'd
have bought it if it was composed entirely of gray pieces. The baby-blue
bricks are inaccurate and unnecessary.... which was my original point.

~Mark