 Star Wars / 7366
Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:21:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
My beefs aren't with scale. I realize that TLG couldn't make this thing big
enough, because it would just cost too much.

I stand by my comments, however, on the matters of:

- color... once again, light blue?!?! why not more dark gray? [Cost to fix
this: none]

   While putting togrther my falcon I noticed a pattern with the different
colored pieces.  Example:

All 1x3 plates were brown
All 1x8 tiles were gray
All 1x2 grill tiles were blue
All 1x4 tiles were dark gray
All 2x4 bricks were red
All 3x3 quarter cirdle plates were tan
All 1x2 plates were red
All 1x4 technic beams were blue
All 1x2 sloped bricks were blue
All 1x6 tiles were black
etc  etc  etc

seeing the pattern?

  Now, imagine yourself a child 8-12 or older/younger trying to put the
Millenium Falcon together when all the pieces are gray.

  I believe that this might explain the blue and red and other pieces that
make the Falcon look bad.

HTH

---------
"Live long and build"-Lego Spock