 Star Wars / 7400
Re: Millennium Falcon Opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 14:34:52 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Sonny Sidhu writes:
This raises an interesting point. Let's take, for example, some of the rock- • patterned
slopes on Ninja sets. If Lego gave you 20 preprinted slopes with which to • make that
shape, people would be whining day and night about having so many rock- • patterned
slopes. I think it is better to have one POOP and either use it or throw it • in the
"forgotten" bin than to have a stash of wasted preprinted parts (ie: a lot of
preprinted slopes). And seriously, it would have to be preprinted, because if • they
gave you 80 tiny stickers to affix, we'd be coplaining even more! Not to • mention that
one POOP costs less than many "regular" pieces.

Oh, I would much rather have seen the Ninja walls as pre-printed slopes even
if the set cost was slightly higher (which undoubtedly it would be). I see
great ADVANTAGES to this:

They would most likely have used a 2x2x3 extreme slope (6 of them per Ninja
wall). One result would be that the walls could be more finely graded in width
and height. Another result (which would the biggest advantage to my mind)
would be that there would be corner pieces which work (the slope of the Ninja
walls is slightly different than the 2x2x3 extreme slope, and therefore has no
matching corner piece.