 Star Wars / *9798 (-100)
  Re: Let me know what you think of my 2 new models

(...) Oops, it wasn't correct? Please feel free to send them to <mailto:ht@varetis.de>. Regards, Hakan (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Sale at Toys R Us

FYI I stopped in my local Toys R Us (Fair Lakes VA), and they are having a sale on some of the Star Wars sets. AAT - $5 off Slave-1 - $5 off Technic Droid thingy - $10 off I don't know if this is just local or not. (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Y-wing fighter

(...) No tiles my fellow AFOL, I used 2x1 plates with one stud on top and the connection in the centre of the circle was made using a 1x1 round plate instead of a lightsabre blade. It proved surprisingly sturdy and completely self supporting (no (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Y-wing fighter

(...) Yeah, yeah, I'm replying to my own message... Looking at Jay's response, it looks like he did sorta the same thing? Only he covered up the gap between the two 4x4 rounds with 1x2 tiles... cool... DaveE (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Y-wing fighter

(...) Hmm... I can think of one method that wouldn't be too sturdy... It would require 8 macaroni pieces (4 landspeeder sets). Because macaroni's don't have the tubes underneath, you can angle them 45 degrees off from each other... Hence, the 1st (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Y-wing fighter

(...) I know what you mean. I have made a better Y-wing (I think). Find it here: (URL) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Let me know what you think of my 2 new models

(...) I have tried to mail you but your adress doesn't work. Mail me with your correct adress and you'll get the dat files (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Let me know what you think of my 2 new models

(...) That's the trick eh? LOL It's not so hard because I don't have a 120 angle difference. The horizontal click-hinges are set to 22.5 degrees with a brace to keep the wings from bending down. It looks like a nice 120 degrees difference like this (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Y-wing fighter

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but why is the Y-wing (in the Y/Tie set) taken from the original McQuarrie concept drawings and not from the actual model used for the films? The main differences between the 2 are that the film model (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Let me know what you think of my 2 new models

(...) Excellent models, but how did you acheive the 120 degree angle between the pylons? I've been looking for parts that will do this but TLG only seem to make parts that do 22.5 and 45 degrees. Cheers Daz (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego Star Wars Trilogy

(...) Marvelous, i'd been waiting for someone to do this. Any more details on the models? (they were phenomenal as well) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Note to owners of 8001 and 8002, cracking rubber bands!

Call Lego Consumer affairs - they will replace them free of charge... Gene (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego Star Wars Trilogy

OK. I know it's bad karma to answer my own posts, but there's a mirror now at (URL) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Let me know what you think of my 2 new models

(...) Your defender would be a better model to put on my shelf than the "official" 7150 that is collecting dust at the moment ;-) Regards, Hakan (...) ;-) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: At-St

(...) Mabie they will, calling it a UCS at-st. (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: At-St

But I want to whine, whine, whine and perhaps the LEGO fariy will hear our whines and do something the next time around. =) I know LEGOs are for kids and I can built my own, but I don't want to be bother having to look for the pieces (buying from (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: At-St

(...) Because from the look of it, it would have been at a price point that would clash with the Imperial Shuttle. Try to keep in mind that LEGO actually has to have sets in each theme-year's offerings that meet certain price points. That said, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: At-St

Why couldn't lego give us THIS at-st instead of what they gave us! WHY! WHY! WHY! (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: At-St

(URL) you go :) Tim (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  At-St

Does anyone have pictures of the AT-ST that was in the MLS Truck tour? I remember a post and link on Bricks to Bothans about a month ago. Can't find it now. (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Let me know what you think of my 2 new models

They are very sweet. I wish Lego would release these two. Keep up the great work. -Jason (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Imperial Landing Shuttle MOC

Beautiful rendition! This ship has always been my favorite SW vehicle as well. It has such simple, classic lines and is so visually striking. An excellent translation. The lights are super cool! Dave Kim Toll <kim.toll@intel.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Let me know what you think of my 2 new models

Gorgeous! Not only are the proportions very nice, but you got the laser color correct. It drives me nuts when toy manufacturers screw up details like that. It would be great if TLG could get their SW license to include vehicles and characters from (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Let me know what you think of my 2 new models

(...) I love 'em!... =) How's that? But, seriously... very nice work... Perhaps the pylons are a bit thin on both... (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultimate Lego set?

(...) Is there a discount if they send it un-built?... hrm, but how thick would the instuction book be? =) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Let me know what you think of my 2 new models

TIE defender and TIE interceptor. Models were built IRL. Find em @ (URL) please please give me input (I'm desperate LOL) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: another search for a SW website

(...) Maybe that is why I haven't gotten any newsletters in such a long time. This was a great site for SW legos, I was just waiting for their take on the Bespin carbon freezing chamber. Maybe I'll send an e-mail and see what's going on, I loved (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: another search for a SW website

"Michael Perri" <zerog270@aol.com> wrote in message news:G3MqMM.A8J@lugnet.com... (...) Not sure what's happened to them, but the site hasn't been touched since August. The last newsletter on the 10th Sept mentioned that Dorian was moving house - I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Safer? How? They are just droids, they can,t do anything to him. It was a backwater Imperial planet, no need to destroy equipment they can use and save the Empire a credit or two. They might have had useful information no the Rebels too. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: another search for a SW website

here you go: (URL) adios, 8^) Brucey-Wan (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  another search for a SW website

I am looking for a Star Wars site that is in the UK. I know like every Wednesday they would display a new model. Also the use bravenet services for password protection. I think one of the website creaters is named Dorian...? If anyone has any (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) then (...) While the technology in Games is usually junk most of the Star Wars games Story's fit perfectly into the cannon material. So in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight (DF2JK) the main character has: (...) as (...) Force Speed (...) Force Jump (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Anderson drives me up the wall, that's just the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Beside's it's not particularly obscure, and not the only mistake he made in laying that scene out. (...) OK, I'm a SW freak and I didn't even (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millenium Falcon customizing

(...) One very simple thing I did was to beef up the landing gear. I used some spare parts, and doubled up the fake-hydraulic 2x2x2 round landing pad (URL), so there were two of these parts on each 'foot'. Still not functional, and kinda clunky, but (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) They did. At least, I know Maul did. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn did similar things at other points in the movies (mostly pushing around Droids). I think, though, that most of their attunement to the Force during that fight was probably concentrating (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Imperial Landing Shuttle MOC

(...) Thanks, I'm realtively pleased with how it turned out. As I mentioned on the page, I think the cockpit could stand to be a bit smaller, but I am fairly pleased with how it turned out. I may see if I can tile over the cockpit area (If I can (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultimate Lego set?

(...) Actually someone did post a message about this about a month ago... that's alright though, it's always good to remember... <G> (...if I only had $10,000 laying around... <G>) I really wish Lego would do a Yoda one for like $1000 or (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) I have to disagree with this. I have always thought that in the original trilogy, the Jedi didn't make enough use of their powers. Jedi are supposed to be able to do most anything and yet they barely use their powers. I think the main reason (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

In lugnet.starwars, Jeromy Irvine writes: <SNIP> (...) R2D2 and C3PO are both very common style droids... C3PO may have been built by Anakin, but once he gets his coverings on he looks like any other protocol droid. R2 is just an astromech unit. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultimate Lego set?

(...) As much as some LUGNetters spend on LEGO, this is probably not going to be purchased by anyone here. for previous postings see these two threads: (URL) GATRELLE (FYI: I did a search in the Starwars group for the keyword "fao" to find these) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Ultimate Lego set?

(...) this (...) It is nice and all, but is it a good parts set? :-) Jude (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ultimate Lego set?

Hi, I'm a little surprised that I can't find a reference in lugnet.starwars to this set at FAO Schwartz... Someone must have seen it... (URL) go to (URL) and search for "Darth Vader" - I'm referring to the first item on the list...) And I simply (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) But you must admit they had more of an emotional range than JarJar. I remember feeling sorry for the young Ewok who was wailing over his dead parent (I assume it was a parent, if not, it was a relative or friend). Where watching TPM I felt (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) "Ewoks have survival skills"? You're talking about a race that has wood-and-leather hang gliders, which they use in dense forest, against high-tech weapons. Sounds fairly insane to me. Almost as insane as the fact that they won. Bleh. Steve (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) Before the movie came out, people were asking all kinds of things about what the Jedi would be doing. Would there be a Lightsaber duel? Would there be force powers? Etc, etc. Lucas basically answered their questions by saying that what we saw (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) Or maybe just reaching down and cutting his hands off, eh? ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

Just to throw my two cents into the fray... While I agree the running away was a lousy special effect, I think I understand where GL was coming from with the super power effects. As I've gleaned from the various bits of written fiction, there were (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Note to owners of 8001 and 8002, cracking rubber bands!

I have had my Battle Droid and Droideka assembled since they came out. They have been up on a shelf ever since. Seeing that they are standing only inches from the ceiling, I hadn't checked them for dust in a while. I took them down and found little (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Imperial Landing Shuttle MOC

(...) That's a very impressive Imperial Shuttle, quite detailed. I mostly like how you didn't use any sloped pieces on the top of the cockpit, but rather used plates instead... very well done. I also surfed around your site a little bit, I was also (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) I think that the movie was also degraded by the "super-powers" of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Lucas would put his characters in a particularly tight spot, and then have then overcome the situation by an introduction of incredible abilities. Ex: (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

"Adrick Tolliver" <tolliver@tstar.net> wrote in message news:G3HLJq.C97@lugnet.com... (...) OK. That makes sense. I'd forgotten about the punishment thing from the Zahn book. I suppose it could be made to fit in. (...) No definitive reason, I guess. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) I'm very happy at your visiting my site. I'll update my pages to meet your expectation!! (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) # Ayumi Hayase (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) Thank you for a comment. I think that such small models are suitable for us(Japanese) ,because we live in small house :P # Ayumi Hayase (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) I'm very grad at your comment! Especially,I'm grateful that you want to make one with your parts. # Ayumi Hayase (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  New Imperial Landing Shuttle MOC

Well, I've been working on this on and off for a coupel of months now and I finally finished it up two weeks ago... Just as I saw the new 2001 Imperial Shuttle set! Well, there is some resembelance, but I did finish mine before I ever saw the 2001 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

I have to agree-- I expected much more from Maul... as is he was simply Darth Sidious' pawn, he didn't have his own agenda. Or at least not yet. He seemed to be like an anxious kid, eager to go out and kill Jedi, without any strategy save that which (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) Too bad an Arctic parka probably won't fit on his head. (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) The dumbest thing about them for me was that their Trade Federation masters had to appear via holo-radio (or whatever) to give them orders. Duh! And the roger-roger guff was silly, but I actually thought it was a fairly good way of throwing in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) Yeah, he's more of the evil henchman kinda guy, but he was very cool and bad. (...) Since Episode 2 is most likely based on the Clone Wars, perhaps we shall see a clone (that fights Mace Windu... or something!!). (...) Boba Fett is really (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) I liked the battle droids, shows how stupid robots can be (and are sometimes). (...) Yeah, Lucas was drinking quite heavily then... (...) Don't forget, all Naboo star craft represents royalty and beauty, so they will have none of that (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) Haha, indeed. Anyways, in my opinion, Jar Jar has become the "Kenny" of Lego comics. So far I've seen him get beaten twice. I find it quite funny. What about Ahnee's ex-wife (I think it was) getting shot? Wouldn't that be making fun of natives (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) OK, you got me. Let me rephrase my words: Darth Maul is a very cool, "b**-a** m***** f*****" who's place in the Star Wars universe was to come in, be cool, do his thing, kill Qui-Gon, get Obi-Wan all mad, and die. I do hope that he returns for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) Ahhh, I know what you mean! We don't know how Darth Maul thinks -- we don't hear him talking much and when we do, he doesn't say anything profound or revealing. He doesn't interact with anyone else except to fight. Whereas we know that Darth (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) I agree that he was cool, but if you compare the number of times we saw him to the times we saw the other characters before the movie came out, you would think that he was the star. As it turns out he said something, what twice? He is (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

Well, actually 7159 (the Pod Bucket) also comes with these Battle Droid Elements used for a different function. And nearly everyone will admit that the 'thing' (it's no minifig) I am talking about looks totally crap. A new use of an element is not (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) I didn't think I said that. I thought I said that the cartoon violence aimed at JJB was sort of a pleasant thing in fantasy sort of way -- in the way that allows you to pretend that JJB won't return for Episode II. I certainly don't wish to (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My Official Viewpoint

(...) Yeah, I know, in a later reply you'll note that I corrected him for misquoting you (or, at least, misrepresenting what you said). (...) Hmm. Well, I don't know if it's admiration-worthy... I mean, don't get me wrong, I think he's an annoying (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) Maul is also a marketing tool, yes. But, I mean, c'mon...he's just plain cool. He embodies a different quality...he is Star Wars, where Jar Jar isn't. A true bad guy for an epic. At least, IMO. -Chris (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) I think that's a great way of summing it up. Although -- it might not be quite the case that JJB's _only_ purpose was a marketing symbol. The main source of comic relief in Episodes IV-VI was C-3PO, with assorted material between Han & Chewie, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) What about Darth Maul? Chris (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars ruminations (was: Reality == fiction?)

(...) Uh..no problem. (...) Not in light of how you equated Jar-Jar to sea food and MS. The only problem that I had with that note, was that you said the essense of your hate is that you wanted to limit as much as possible your exposure to those (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) My take on this (by the way, I agree w/ Todd's last statement) is that Star Wars in supposed to be an incredible epic, which it is. Now, you take something that's sole purpose is a marketing symbol for the kiddies and toss it into an epic, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) In fact...hmmm...I might even *like* JJB if he had been in some *other* movie and not a SW movie. That's bizarre. --Todd (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) Aha! Thanks for writing that! I feel that while I hate Jar-Jar, I don't despise him. (Isn't that a strange contradiction?) Now I know how to say this: What I hate isn't Jar-Jar per se, but the fact that a character like Jar-Jar, which I find (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My Official Viewpoint

(...) Hmm, there must be an established SW fan-scale or geek-code out there -- ? That could be a lot of fun -- take a questionnaire and find out where you fit on the SW purity test or whatever. Anyway, I'd put you at about 8/10, give or take a half. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

(...) Huh? (...) Maybe this makes my opinion of JJB more clear: I would not hate JJB at all if he were in some cheezeball B-movie sci-fi flick. If he were, I could ignore him -- and I wouldn't have to hate him. It's the fact that he appeared in a (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millenium Falcon customizing

you can see what i did to mine at my site. the pics are very blurry (i took them really quickly) but you still see them. i'm planning to get better pics very soon. quick overview of it - absolutely no red or blue pieces (all grey & dark grey), black (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Millenium Falcon customizing

Hey Gang. I haven't been here in awhile, so forgive me if this has already been covered. I was wondering if there has been any discussion on various ways to customize the Millennium Falcon set. While we would all love to have a full-scale, accurate (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) I really like your minifig scale AT-ST also... I had the same problem with the "top heavy" model when I tried to build one again a couple years ago. Ironically, I haven't tried to build an AT-ST with my sets and parts. I admire your attempt at (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

It's great! Definitely one of the best micro-models I've ever seen. When will you make the AT-AT? :) Primus BuS ComStar LEGO Mechcommander: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) pw (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

(...) VERY cool! Remarkable attention detail! You have done a great job of capturing the features of one of my top 3 favorite Star Wars vehicles. I like the use of the corner slopes as feet and the leg design is very inspiring = ) I also like the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  My new micro-fig scale AT-ST.

Hi all.I'm japanese LEGO & Starwars fan. I've built micro-fig scale AT-ST. Please see following pics. (URL) Ayumi Hayase # (URL) ayucow@mvd.biglobe.ne.jp (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars) !

  Mall of America SW display

I just got back from a trip to Mall of America. Nothing new to report but a different SW display. There are little Ewoks and Jawas in the photos. They are hard to see but all the pieces are real simple. Brown upper torso, dk grey head, brown forest (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Re: Jar Jar, Ahnee, my take on it, and a suggestion.

Hi again, I wanted to reply to my previous post. Beacause there was not any "Jar Jar beating" scenes when I saw "Captain Ahnee and the Doughnuts of Naboo" (or what ever it's called), I assumed that it occurred in a diffrent "Captain Ahnee" (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Remember this post from me....regarding ATST woes....

<snip> (...) different (...) <snip> blaspheme. even if it is in regards to 'slizer' or 'roborider' competition... No, I am not a purist, but I think of clone brands like I think of food. I would much rather have Kraft Mac and cheese than, say, Cost (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Jar Jar, Ahnee, my take on it, and a suggestion.

Hi! First of all, I just want too say that the lego Star Wars comic "Captain Ahnee and the Doughnuts of Naboo" (or what ever it's called) is a great little piece of work. The space ships (and spiff ship:)) are fantastic as are the interor sets, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?

(...) I should probably clarify that, so that it doesn't get mistaken for saying something it's not. What I mean when I say "I hate Jar-Jar" or "I hate Timmy" or "I hate Barney the Dinosaur" or "I hate Microsoft" is: "I'd like to see as little as (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) Ya, "humour-impaired" isn't an accurate phrase to use in this context -- it's too loaded. See last paragraph here: (URL) I'll even admit that when I read the story, I laughed at Jar-Jar's beating (...) But it's not Jar-Jar being beaten -- (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?

(...) What I mean by this is that I believe the following is true: If you take a random cross-section of the population and ask them to rate on a scale of 0 to 10 how strongly they feel they were a "Star Wars fan" in 1998 (prior to the release of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

With the Ewoks, Leia was their advocate--she begged you to consider their good qualities. Qui-gon Jinn never had a connection with the little Gungan twerp. Plus, you could negotiate with an Ewok and they were rather intelligent. There is nothing (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

On galactic empires generally, E.E. "Doc" Smith is often mentioned as the guy who took sf out of the solar system. Try to imagine a more provincial time, before anyone had yet launched a rocket, when an IBM typewriter was cutting edge technology, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?

(...) My take on it is this: When SW fans rip on Jar-Jar, it's their way of letting off steam -- venting -- and really, that's about all there is to it (to the motivation behind it). Hardcore SW fans (no, I haven't done a scientific survey) feel (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

Sorry should have been clipped to ot.debate "Rob Doucette" <rob.doucette@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:G3Ios1.G43@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G3IM77.9yF@lugnet.com... (...) explain (...) The Sesame Street magazine had an article on the child psych design of Elmo's world. Each aspect of the 15 minute segment has a purpose. Adult (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) was (...) Trantor was the capital of the Galactic Empire in the Foundation series, not Star Wars. I should have been more clear. I was trying to say that the concept of a Galactic Empire is something common to both Foundation and SW. I doubt (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact