 Star Wars / 9751
9750  |  9752
Subject:
Note to owners of 8001 and 8002, cracking rubber bands!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 17:53:55 GMT

I have had my Battle Droid and Droideka assembled since they came out.  They
have been up on a shelf ever since.  Seeing that they are standing only
inches from the ceiling, I hadn't checked them for dust in a while.  I took
them down and found little to no dust but was shocked to see the damage on
the rubberbands.  Every single band, no matter how expanded, was cracked
beyond belief to the point of being unusable.  I was surprised they had not
snapped.  They were in terrible condition, even the ones that weren't super
stretched, like the ones holding the Droideka arms forward at the center of
his chest.  Fortunately my Droideka came with two packs of bands, but my
Battle Droid does not have enough to reassemble him unless I get new bands.
This may not be a big deal to anyone, but I was lucky to get to mine before
they took a swandive off a 7 foot shelf.  Just a warning.

Jason F.