 Star Wars / 9793
Re: Y-wing fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:47:49 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Darren Townsend writes:
Hi,
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but why is the Y-wing (in the
Y/Tie set) taken from the original McQuarrie concept drawings and not from
the actual model used for the films? The main differences between the 2 are
that the film model has smoother lines and ,more importantly, the support
pylons on the ion engines are at 45,135,225 and 315 degrees on the film
model as opposed to 0,90,180 and 270 deg on the concept. Can anyone see a
way of rotating the engines thru 45 degrees in order to achieve the correct
look?
Cheers
Daz

I know what you mean.
I have made a better Y-wing (I think). Find it here:
Greetz,
Jay