 Robotics / RCX / *4055 (-100)
  Re: Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

(...) Did you define the sonsors correctly ? For example : #define BUTTON SENSOR_2 #define DETECT_LEFT SENSOR_1 #define DETECT_RIGHT SENSOR_3 #define MOTOR_LEFT OUT_A #define MOTOR_RIGHT OUT_C task main() { SetSensor(BUTTON, SENSOR_TOUCH); (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MST, 2nd

Hi, for those of you still interested: The new version of my MST-generator is now bug-free. See (URL) (ren to MST.nqc) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Q: Multitasking, and reacting to sensors

I've downloaded NQC, and got it running. I have been able to make the motors run, to make them run backwards, then forward, etc. However... I can't get the sensor thing to work right. I want to make a program for a robot that backs up and turns when (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: advice for game of tag?

(...) Hi Rik, I am familiar with the idea of "Tag" but I don't understand what this means "to see each other". Normally, it would be enough that a bot sends a message as soon as it has hit the other. Another problem: why do you use random numbers in (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Jin Sato Book about Mibo

(...) Well, if you don't know japanese, this book is 30% readable because it have lot's of interesting pictures. The construction pictures were done in LDRAW. It would be great if it existed a version in English of this book. For a newcomer in the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Jin Sato Book about Mibo

Has anybody used the Jin Sato book about Mibo? I want to know how much "readable" it is. (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  bug fixes

Hi. I have been playing with legOS (the current version in CVS at sourceforge), and have found a few bugs in it. Several of these are filed at the sourceforge site, so I'm wondering what the protocol is for getting these fixed. I can submit patches (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LeJOS

(...) Thanks for the encouraging words, Brian. I've been following this forum (and learning Java) for several weeks now, and am about ready to install Lejos myself. You can expect some newbie posts from me shortly... (: Corey Snipes Boulder, CO, USA (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

I have another problem with Visual NQC 2001. If I dump my firmware, the program will not recognize the brick. "Runtime Error '68' Unable to communicate with PBrick from method 22" Of course, I could not download the firmware. I hope we could get (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

(...) I found that if I use the DOS names instead of Windows name, it works. Example C:\PROGRA~1\RSSOFT~1...~1\NQC.exe instead of C:\Program Files\RSsoftware\Visual NQC 2001\NQC.exe Marc Klein (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  legOS 0.2.5 available in Debian GNU/Linux distribution

legOS and the required cross compilers for C/C++ are immediately available for Debian GNU/Linux from the Debian mirrors. For a quick link to the package-description-page (you can download from here too) see: (URL) all means enjoy! If you experience (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  ANN: TextLCD-Tester for leJOS

I have added a little TextLCD-Applet to my rcxtools site. It will be part of the next version of RCX-Direct-Mode for leJOS and can be tested at (URL) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: MST...

Sorry, there still seem to be bugs in the prog. I'll call when I've fixed them... (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MST...

Hi, thanks to the help especially of Andreas Koeller, I was able to spot the errors in my program and even make it faster. The new version ist available for download at (URL) (rename to .nqc after downloading). Remember, it takes a graph of the form (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  ANN: leJOS Visual Interface

There is a new version of the leJOS Visual Interface up at www.geocities.com/gombos_2000/ It includes somewhat better (not much) options handling, and an enabled and working edit menu. Next will be online help, and auto indent. Andy (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  advice for game of tag?

Hi, I've got 2 bots that I want to play tag with each other. The challenge is that I want them to see each other at a distance. I'm working on some code to combine the IR ports with the light sensors (which can detect IR) as follows: 1) each sends (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: LeJOS

API documentation is available online at the lejos homepage: (URL) You can also create a local copy if you have the Java Developer Kit. I have a batch file to do this: javadoc -author -d apidocs -sourcepath classes java.io java.lang java.util (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  nqc download firmware linux

Hi; I'm using RCX1.0 on linux (kernel 2.2.16; SuSE 7.0), nqc-version 2.0.2 and I have troubles with downloading the firmware under linux. I always have to change to Win98 and then the download works fine. On Linux I say at the prompt: nqc -firmware (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Mindstorms 1.5 CD internals / files?

Has anyone taken a close look at all the files on the Mindstorms 1.5 CD?? There seem to be many copies of the same stuff, for different country languages, etc. My school has several Mindstorms sets that are used by different teachers and groups. I (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  legOS IDE

Something slightly offtopic: For some time I was searching for a usable IDE edit / compile system I wanted to use for the writing legOS programs. What I found is an editor called cooledit (can be found at cooledit.sourceforge.net). Cooledit has all (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS lcd management and thoughts on velocities

Hello jochen, (...) Thank you for your precision about your velocity handler For now, unfortunaly my the hard disk does not boot any more, and, fortunatly, my wife gave birth to a girl on wednesday! So I'll test all those nice handlers in a few (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

Tim Webber pointed out to me that I must set the path to nqc.exe in the preferences. All is well now, thanks to Tim. -- Bob Fay California, USA rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Anyone using Mac beige G3

(...) The serial ports weren't changed in a major way (still RS-422, etc), but there could have been subtle changes to the driver/receiver that would cause problems when hooked to marginal RS-232 devices (such as the IR tower). Fred Martin reported (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

<Runtime error 380 fix If you get Runtime error 380 during compile start you need to change the subdirectory where NQC.exe is stored. Use a directory without a space in the name. Example C:\NQC\nqc.exe This will work.> That did not work. I am still (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Anyone using Mac beige G3

(...) One thing to keep in mind about Mac serial ports is that they are not RS-232, rather they are RS-422. IIRC, RS-232 is a singled-ended voltage standard (ref to ground only), where RS-422 is a differential standard. The 'common' method of using (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Anyone using Mac beige G3

(...) I've had similar problems with a CyberMaster. It seems that CyberMaster Tower is powered by the serial interface (at least it is switched on by this power). On PC, the DTR line is switched high (12 V), and the CTS line is switched low (-12V). (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  lnp..again :)

hi everybody. im trying to figgure out how to display everything that is sent with the LNP protocol from one rcx to another. That is, im not only interested in the data im sending, but also the adressing overhead and whatever else is sent..... (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Error in program

(...) Already got that answer, but thanks. (...) Done with initialization (int CounterLength=0;), isn't it? Please correct me if I am wrong. (...) Yes, you are right. But it didn't occur to me the time I wrote it. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Error in program

(...) Your array is too small, it runs from 0 to 6. Maybe you should also put a CounterLength = 0; before the first until. until(SENSOR_2 == 1); makes it wait for the sensor being pressed. Also, as a matter of style, I'd rather use (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Visual NQC 2001

Runtime error 380 fix If you get Runtime error 380 during compile start you need to change the subdirectory where NQC.exe is stored. Use a directory without a space in the name. Example C:\NQC\nqc.exe This will work. (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Error in program

Chris Hood wrote: > > Well I am just a newbie to NQC and to the whole Mindstorm experience, > however here is what the compiler says when I try to compile the program > that you submitted. > > > Line 1: Error: RCX does not support Arrays Hi Chris, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Anyone using Mac beige G3

Hi all, I having trouble connecting a PowerMac G3 (beige model, 233MHz) to the IR tower. I've tried NQC, MacNQC but keep getting "Error: no response from IR tower". I've also tried ZTerm to see if I can get an echo back. The Green LED in the tower (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Error in program

Well I am just a newbie to NQC and to the whole Mindstorm experience, however here is what the compiler says when I try to compile the program that you submitted. Line 1: Error: RCX does not support Arrays I hope that this helps. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Wake On IR -- is it possible????

All, I was wondering if there is anyway to put the RCX into basically a stand-by power saving mode and have it wake up when sent a command through the IR, basically "Wake on IR". That would be real handy for my Lego Cam when I want to turn on the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Just some really basic questions...

(...) Thank you Frank, I had forgotten about that. Thank you for bringing it up. This info will save considerable suffering in future! Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  LNP checksum optimizations

In a previous post I said that some optimizations can be made in LNP. Now I have the patch ready and uploaded it on sourceforge. Sadly I made it against a custom version of the kernel, so it may need a manual intervention to apply (fuzzyness (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Error in program

Hi, can somebody tell me why this little program doesn't give any output? It just keeps running and doing nothing... int Edges[7], CounterLength=0; task main(){ SetSensor (SENSOR_2, SENSOR_TOUCH); until(CounterLength == 8){ Edges[CounterLength] = (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Just some really basic questions...

(...) program (...) Dean, you are right and meanwhile I could test it. However, the definition for the global variables must be in the SAME ORDER order for both of the programs. If you would do this: SLOT 1: int testvar1 = 1; int testvar2 = 2; int (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Power Down for RCX

(...) There are two commands (available on the command line or within a program). The first sets the "sleep time", which is the number of minutes before the RCX will turn itself off (0 means never sleep). The second requests that the RCX sleep (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Just some really basic questions...

(...) Your example did as I have stated. Global variables are global across all program slots. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Just some really basic questions...

(...) Dean, I am not sure that this is correct what you write about global variables. As far as I know, the followoing is correct: - 32 global variables are only valid WITHIN one program slot. - Within this slot, all tasks, functions and subroutines (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Where is this part?

(...) If this is the part I think it is there are 2 transparent ones in the 5220 service pack (Extra parts and stickers). This is in the S@H Jan01 catalog on page 49 (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Just some really basic questions...

(...) Yes. To be more precise I believe it's 6100 bytes of space. (The SCOUT has 400 bytes of space) (...) if message = 5 then jump off table... It's that easy... (...) Well if you can keep all the code in one program it's easier. But you get 32 (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Where is this part?

I also had this prob. |I think I heard that the RCX1.0 came with RIS 1.5 though not sure. |This part is in some of the convertible models eg 8252 police buggy |Or a substitute can be made as shown on the following web page = | (URL) |For the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Just some really basic questions...

(...) Yes. (...) Yes. (...) You send a code from RCX #1 to RCX #2, RCX #2 is awaiting code... Based on the code number, it can perform previously defined tasks (complex tasks too, if you like) (...) ... Don't know. More complications, I'd say. (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Delphi to Robolab

(...) Delphi is a pascal based object oriented development system, similar to Visual Basic and Power Builder. To my knowledge most of the programming environments for the RCX including Robolab were not designed to be used with these specific object (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Just some really basic questions...

Okay, cool, so I get 5 slots (my bad...I knew that too...I don't know *why* I kept saying 3) and the TOTAL space I can use is 6k? Does that include the datalog feature? Can you pass variables into other programs? How do you use these 'Codes (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: legOS lcd management and thoughts on velocities

(...) The timeout is really "expected time till next rotation tick + 50 %". And the velocity will not drop to 0, because my code assumes, a new rotation could happen any moment. If you check for speed < 7 ticks/sec (or 142 msec/tick) you should get (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: MacNQC Beta

Sorry Rob, the Motors seem to be okay. I 've done the firmware download once more and the motors did the same that I switcht in the panel. But the other things still are wrong. Ralf (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MacNQC Beta

Hi Rob, I 've found some beta mistakes. Downloading the firmware firm0328.lgo runs well. That 's not the problem. But controlling the result with the "RCX Information" the firmware version had the number 3.520. And switching the RCX off and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: MacNQC Beta

Hi, it 's a nice work. I like working with the macintosh because most of the work happens with intuitive menu or button events. Therefor it 's important to have a simple tool like MacNQC for programming my RCX. Doing the same work with NQC needs the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Power Down for RCX

(...) nqc -sleep now shuts off an RCX. SetSleepTime(0); Sets it from in NQC. Change 0 to whatever you want, in minutes for the shutdown. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Just some really basic questions...

(...) 5. You get five slots. (...) Yes, with Version 2 of the firmware. (...) From what I understand you get 6k of program space, you can use it all in a program or spread it around 2 to 5. Your choice. (...) Sort of. Computer to RCX control is (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Power Down for RCX

I know that in the diagnostics window for the RCX Control Center you can set the "Power Down" time, this sends a message to the RCX about how long to wait idle before power down. I would like to know the command (message) to send to the RCX to make (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Just some really basic questions...

Okay, I'm really new to the whole NQC thing and have visited Amazon and ordered a couple books, but I've got some rather high level, I guess for lack of a better term, questions... I can store up to three program in my RCX. Correct? What's the best (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Where is this part?

To add to what Rainer said, I also have the RIS 1.0, but I got the RIS 1.0 to RIS 1.5 upgrade kit for free while back from Lego. The upgrade kit comes with the extra blue connector pieces. Talk to lego and see if you can get the upgrade kit. If you (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Where is this part?

(...) That's right ! There are 4 of these parts coming with RIS1.5 and RIS2.0 (and some of this special yellow "double connector pegs") (BTW these parts are also avalable wit the vision command camera) (take a look at : (URL) parts and RIS2.0 parts (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Where is this part?

Hej Matthias! (...) You can find it at (URL) real life, it's in RIS 1.5 and Vision Command, there are 4 transparently blue ones in the 1.5. There are 3 clear transparent ones in the Vision Command set. (...) Unfortunately not, the RIS 1.5 RCX bricks (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Where is this part?

I've just purchases the Ultimate Accessory Set and on going through the manual I've seen a part I can't identify - In the UAS manual on page 8, step 2, what is the blue object and where does it come from? I had originally thought that it might be (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  It works! [was: Cybermaster: Cannot receive though sending works (w/o sprit.ocx)]

"Theo van Eijndhoven" <theo@sympro.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:G7o2AM.AFL@lugnet.com... (...) Yippie! That did it! I set RTS to false and now it works! Thank you! -Oli -- "If it ain't broken don't fix it!!" (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Another way to avoid Float

Thank you for your answer Andy. (...) In fact I built my robot (let's call him R2D1 ) for navigation, pathfinding and auto mapping purpose. I restrict his evolution to the (flat) floor of my house. I don't know yet if I'll be able to reach all of my (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS lcd management and thoughts on velocities

Thank you Jochen for your answer. If I well understand the ds_rotation_handler code, the timeout is set to 1 second. So the velocity may drop to zero 1 second after wheels really stop. In the specific case of my robot (I call it R2D1), this will be (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Mac IR tower error: No response from IR device

I'm trying to download the firmware using MacNQC. When ever I try, I get the problem: Error: No response from IR device. I'm using a Mac beige G3, printer port, OS 9.0.4. I'm using a Palm Mac adapter and the lego cable. The green light does come on (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Minimum Spanning Tree

Hi, I have got a problem with a program I wrote, and I can't find the error. My intention was to have the program calculate a minimum spanning tree on basis of Kruskals algorithm, which most of you are familiar with, I presume. The program expects (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX analog input?

(...) (URL) a great site for all that stuff. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX analog input?

I haven't been reading any of the LUGNET robotics groups until a month or so ago when I bought my first Mindstorms 1.5 kit and entered into this branch of LEGO. (so sorry if this has been posted before and I haven't seen it in any FAQ's) My question (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: thermal sensor

"Grath" <jgreene750@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G7s5LD.Bzq@lugnet.com... (...) thermal (...) 12K at room temperature. I've never found one like this, so you use a 10K at room temp thermistor with a 2K in series. There is a lot on this (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Another way to avoid Float

(...) them. (...) diameter. (...) wheel (...) This is all well and good, but the all consuming problem with location tracking is slippage. What happens if one wheel slips? What about if it hits an obstacle at an angle? If you find some way around (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  thermal sensor

yo whatup, does anybody happen to know what the ohmage on a mindstorms thermal sensor is? im assuming its just a thermal resistor. if any1 can lemme know itll save me the trouble of figuring it out myself with a meter and potentiometer. thanx Grath (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX display

"Andi Scharfstein" <calvin8@t-online.de> wrote in message news:3A7144B8.702040...line.de... (...) The highest level way to get to the display is by using Mindscript. This is a language for the RCX you an get from LEGO. You download it from the main (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX display

Hi, I suppose it must have been done before, because it is so obvious, but I can't seem to be able to find information about it on the web. Can anybody tell me how to access the RCX display directly, that is, for example, display numbers or such? A (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS lcd management and thoughts on velocities

(...) Yes, I have written that support. First you have to enable it, by removing the comments from the line in legOS/boot/config.h. Then recompile the kernel and all apps. After you have programmed the rotation sensor in the usual way you can read (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Visual NQC 2001 Beta 2

To all testers, Runtime error 380 stands for invalid property. This can happen when you try to compile a program in the editor. I had the error ones during development but it didn't come up anymore. Next week I'm starting bugfixing again and see if (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  How many motors can accept a RCX ?

Hi, everybody <DISCLAIMER> Excuse me first for my newbieness here on Lugnet. and also for my frenchieness, but it's not my fault ! </DISCLAIMER> I have a question I'd like to submit: Because of extreme needs of power/ acceleration (it was about (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Confusion regarding the POWER_OFF command.

(...) I was too. It's a bit goofy, so I'll try to explain as I go... (...) That's fine - the only thning you need to do (I think - I'm away from my RCX) is to put POWER_INIT just before POWER_OFF. The POWER_INIT word initializes the interrupt (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001

I have downloaded and installed Beta 2. I am having a problem that I had with beta 1. When I "Compile" I get a "Runtime Error '380' Invalid Property Value". Am I alone in this problem? If so, what does it mean? Is something missing from my Win98? -- (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: sleep efficientcy

(...) value (...) There are two issues: 1 do you want to do anything while waiting, 2 how quick do you want to respond to the event. In both cases using an event is better. You can do something else until the event happens (synchronization issuses (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Visual NQC 2001

I've fixed a lot of problems thanks to your testing and reporting. Beta relase 2 is now available on (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Confusion regarding the POWER_OFF command.

I'm a little confused with the POWER_OFF word. From reading the documentation, I would have though the following would work: POWER_INIT : test BEGIN DO-WORK POWER_OFF 0 UNTIL ; When 'test' is executed, both 'DO-WORK' and 'POWER_OFF' are executed, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: sleep efficientcy

(...) value (...) Ross, I can't speak about efficiency - I dont know enogh about embedded programming, but I've had better results using wait_event. I've tried both msleep() and yield() in a loop, and just calling wait_event with a function that (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  sleep efficientcy

Hi again, i would like to know which is more efficient in code? having a while loop which is checking for a condition to be true and sleeping for an arbitary value while it is not, or using a wait_event statement passing a function pointer to a (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Parallel sensor problem

(...) That isn't the problem. I reversed the sensor on one RCX, and they both showed it as being constantly pressed, so that must be the wrong polarity. But I also tried moving it from input 2 to 3. Works fine. Same programs, everything, it works in (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.5 and LNP

(...) after (...) old (...) That's true. I've noticed it. I was speaking of PC implementation. (...) semaphore (...) in a (...) instruction (...) wait (...) of the (...) shouldn't (...) Ok, perfect. I vote for the semaphore implementation. I also (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C++ OverHead

Hi, The answer here depends on your coding style. If you are using non-derived concrete classes, with simple member data and the default constructor/destructor, then it costs ~10-20 bytes/class. If you are using non-derived concrete classes, with (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Speed value interpretation?

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rossz Vamos-Wentworth writes: ... (...) hmmm... did your wife figure out what vamos means... you might have to change that one too :-) sorry, but now I don't remember the question about the motor speed (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cybermaster: Cannot receive though sending works (w/o sprit.ocx)

Hi, yeah... me I just went through such trouble using Java. The RTS should be 'false'. Then by experimenting I found switching the DTR before and after sending to have some positive effect. I trust you adhere to + starting a session with 'Alive' (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Delphi to Robolab

Hello! We have a project in school, and are going to make a lego robot. Is there anyone out there that can tell me how we can program in Delphi 4, and get the program to robolab? Is this posible? (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Motor Speed value interpretation?

(...) My birth name is actually Ross, but I changed it to Rossz when I married my Hungarian wife. In her language it means 'bad'. :) Rossz (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C++ OverHead

(...) Hi, unfortunately I am unable to answer your question, however I am very interested in what you are doing with GA. I recently recieved my RCX and have done GA work in the past as part of my schoolwork. I would love to try using some GAs with (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  MacNQC Beta

Hi all, I have been working on an updated version of MacNQC and am now ready for a public beta. If you are interested in it, it can be found at (URL). There are some new windows to control the RCX and the compiler has been updated to NQC 2.2r2. Rob (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Parallel sensor problem

Bernardo Dal Seno <piu1759@cdc8g5.cdc.polimi.it> wrote in message news:87d7dd25ge.fsf@...o.bogus... (...) crane, and (...) RCX 2. (...) like: (...) Thanks. I'll try that. (...) happens (...) connected to (...) Nup. I disconnected the motor, but the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Parallel sensor problem

(...) I don't know if this is your problem, but the input ports have polarity (one lead is connected to ground and the other to +5V through a resistor, if I remember correctly). Have you tried to change polarities? (...) Maybe the problem is not in (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.5 and LNP

(...) On the RCX the LNP handlers are called from an interrupt handler, so after the execution of lnp_*_set_handler() you can safely assume that the old handler will not be called any more. On a PC things are different, there is a problem. I didn't (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Mindstorms for Dummies (off topic)

Hi Jeffrey! On 22 Jan 2001, Jeffrey Hazen <jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net> wrote in <01C08491.E5EEA300@northmill1>: (...) Last dummy book I had in my hands (at the Frankfurt Book Trade Fair) was: "Sex for Dummies". I couldn't help but ask--I was at the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: C++ OverHead

I seem to recall someone doing some testing that showed that C++ programs worked out to take out somewhere around 2 to 3 times the space of comparable C programs. However, I'm sure that varies. Luis (...) ---...--- "Nobody ever said that democracy (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Battery contacts losing their springiness

If pulling the spring back out does not do the job, try inserting a small piece of soft foam behind the spring contact. -- Bob Fay California, USA rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  leJOS presentation

Hello, I'm going to be speaking about leJOS at the O'Reilly Java conference: (URL) March 29 at the Westin Santa Clara. Unfortunately, you can't come see it for free, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway. Even though the online description (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Motor Speed value interpretation?

(...) As far as I can tell, the speed value really affects power output. This indirectly affects speed, but not in a very happy way. You end up with a wide range of values that give you nearly the same speed, then a very short range that decreases (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  C++ OverHead

Hi all, a simple question ( I hope) I'm running a small GA on my rcx block , and I'm fairly happy qwith my results so far, it evolves well tot he conditions, however I'd like to try something new <g>... I'm going to try to evolve sub-sumptive (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Battery contacts losing their springiness

My RCX's battery compartment's contacts have lost their springiness, such that if the RCX is jarred it loses power, and the cells will fall out if the RCX is held with the battery compartment down. I suspect a combination of causes: * Leaving the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact