 Robotics / RCX / 1023
Re: Where is this part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 20:49:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Matthias Jetleb writes:
I've just purchases the Ultimate Accessory Set and on going through
the manual I've seen a part I can't identify -

In the UAS manual on page 8, step 2, what is the blue object and where
does it come from?I had originally thought that it might be one of
the differences between RIS1.0 and RIS1.5, but I note that the photo
of the robot on the bottom of page 8 shows RCX1.0.>

That's right ! There are 4 of these parts coming with RIS1.5 and RIS2.0
(and some of this special yellow "double connector pegs")
(BTW these parts are also avalable wit the vision command camera)
(take a look at :
http://207.236.16.161/JinSato/MindStorms/RIS2.0/Images/ris2part.gif
RIS1.5 parts and RIS2.0 parts are nearly the same AFAIK the IR tower is
different (RIS1.5 -> serial ; RIS2.0 -> USB) and with RIS2.0 there comes
this fibre-optics thing (second above the light sensor on the photo))

I'm assuming here
RCX1.0 comes from RIS1.0 and RIS1.5 would have RCX1.5?
Is this true?

NO ! RIS1.0 and RIS1.5 both came with RCX 1.0 as discussed here :
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=671

What is the blue part and where do I find it (I have RIS1.0, RDS, DDS,
DSD, XC, XS and UAS but I can't see it anywhere)

Lastly, and probably a related question, the writing on page 8 says
that the robot pictured is the "Roverbot", but the RIS1.0 manual
doesn't refer to such a beast. Is this from the 1.5 manual?

BINGO !! In RIS1.5 manual are the roverbot, the acrobot (different to the
acrobot1 and acrobot2 in your RIS1.0 manual) and the inventorbot.

Rainer