 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1666
Re: legOS lcd management and thoughts on velocities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:41:55 GMT

On Jan 16, Michael Cambay wrote:

I wrote a task wich compute the current speed of wheels every 250 ms
and (will) update the robot coordinates. Then I saw in dsensor.h a
variable ds_velocitie.  Does legOS update speed from rotation sensor?

Yes, I have written that support.  First you have to enable it, by
removing the comments from the line in legOS/boot/config.h.  Then
recompile the kernel and all apps.  After you have programmed the
rotation sensor in the usual way you can read the velocity with
VELOCITY_[1-3].  This will give the velocity in ticks per second.

How it work ?

It works by measuring the time in msec between two rotation ticks,
which I found to be more exact than counting the ticks in an interval.
It also updates the velocity variable on timeout, so that the speed
will quickly go down to zero, when the rotation sensor suddenly stops.

  Jochen