 Robotics / RCX / 1011
1010  |  1012
Subject:
How many motors can accept a RCX ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:19:30 GMT

Hi, everybody

<DISCLAIMER>
Excuse me first for my newbieness here on Lugnet.
and also for my frenchieness, but it's not my fault !
</DISCLAIMER>

I have a question I'd like to submit:

Because of extreme needs of power/ acceleration (it was about controling an
inverted pendulum) , I had the idea to plug 4 motors on my RCX.
I tried 2x2 on A and C, and all was working great, my bot was a bit more
reactive, despite the fact that batteries were sucked sooner.
But after some more tests, my RCX wasn't responding anymore, definitely, as
if it had been blowed up. I saw later that one of the extra motors was very hard
to turn with the fingers (but I did never tried this before the crash...).

Since Lego sent me a brand new RCX (and my despair is gone away) I wonder
now if this breakdown is due to an excessive load on the RCX who has thus
damaged the motor (so that I'll never plug more than 3 motors on the same
RCX, I sware) or if this breakdown is due to a faulty motor who has caused
an excessive load on the RCX.(so that I just have to take a good motor and
go on).
It's something like the myth of chickens and eggs, isn't it ?
And that's why I need the opinion of the MindStorms gurus.

Thanks a lot

--
Alexandre BEC
laleks@free.fr