 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1651
1650  |  1652
Subject:
C++ OverHead
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:47:56 GMT

Hi all, a simple question ( I hope)

I'm running a small GA on my rcx block , and I'm fairly happy qwith my
results so far, it evolves well tot he conditions, however I'd like to try
something new <g>...
I'm going to try to evolve sub-sumptive architecture.  To do this I'd like
to evolve an 'instinctual' layer and a more 'cogniscant' layer.  To do this
I'd like to
re-write my GA in a more object-orientated fashion.  Now I know C++ can be
used with the legOS system, but I'd like to know how much of a memory/speed
over head this would impose on my code, as both these things are important
to me

Any help would be gladly received :)
- Ciaran