 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 929
928  |  930
Subject:
Just some really basic questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 05:19:03 GMT

Okay, I'm really new to the whole NQC thing and have visited Amazon and
ordered a couple books, but I've got some rather high level, I guess for
lack of a better term, questions...

I can store up to three program in my RCX. Correct? What's the best way to
maximize modularity in programming to get the most use out of the 3 spaces?
Can you say, tell the program in slot 1 to run the program in slot 3 and
when done, return back to 1? Can you also write functions in Programs using
NQC that can further this ability? Say for instance you wanted to make
program 3 something like, 'responses' where if something was encountered in
program 1 (slot 1) it could pass that off to another program (in say, slot
3) just for responding to stuff? Passing variables to the other program and
the like? I hope I'm using the right nomenclature here, I'm calling 'slots'
the 3 places I store programs on the RCX, correct? There are, iirc, 3 of
them...

I'm merely asking because I'm way unfamiliar with this and I'm *just*
starting to get into it. I'm gonna go grab all the requisite documentation,
but I just wondered a couple things before I get started...

Can one RCX activate a program (and specify it as well?) on ANOTHER RCX
brick sitting near enough to use the IR link? How fast is the connection
between them? Can you, for instance create a pack on your shoulder that
connected to an exoskeleton connected to your own arm and transfer movement
to a similar arm on a table nearby and do it almost real-time?

--
"...and all that road going, all the people dreaming in the immensity of
it...and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know God is Pooh