 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 939
Re: Just some really basic questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:51:54 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dean Husby writes:

... But you get 32 global variables. All programs can read them.
So you can leave your 'bits' where you want them and
jump to another program to use them.

Dean,

I am not sure that this is correct what you write about global variables.
As far as I know, the followoing is correct:

- 32 global variables are only valid WITHIN one program slot.
- Within this slot, all tasks, functions and subroutines can use them.
- As soon as you switch to another program slot, that program can define 32 new
variables.

See the following example for your statement:

SLOT 1:

int globvar1 = 7;
int globvar2 = 0;
task main () {
  globvar2 = globvar2 + 5;
  SelectProgram (4}; // program 4 = slot 5
}

SLOT 5:

int globvar1;
int globvar2;
task main () {
  SetUserDisplay (globvar1, 0);
  Wait (100);
  SetUserDisplay (globvar2, 0);
  Wait (100);
}

If you are right, the program in slot 5 should display 7 and afterwards 5.

As I said - I am not sure but can't try this out at the moment. If you do,
please let us know.

Best regards
Bernd