 Robotics / RCX / 1026
Re: Where is this part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:14:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Matthias Jetleb writes:
I've just purchases the Ultimate Accessory Set and on going through
the manual I've seen a part I can't identify -

In the UAS manual on page 8, step 2, what is the blue object and where
does it come from? I had originally thought that it might be one of
the differences between RIS1.0 and RIS1.5, but I note that the photo
of the robot on the bottom of page 8 shows RCX1.0.  I'm assuming here
RCX1.0 comes from RIS1.0 and RIS1.5 would have RCX1.5?
Is this true?
What is the blue part and where do I find it (I have RIS1.0, RDS, DDS,
DSD, XC, XS and UAS but I can't see it anywhere)

Lastly, and probably a related question, the writing on page 8 says
that the robot pictured is the "Roverbot", but the RIS1.0 manual
doesn't refer to such a beast. Is this from the 1.5 manual?

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ

If this is the part I think it is there are 2 transparent ones in the 5220
service pack (Extra parts and stickers). This is in the S@H Jan01 catalog on
page 49