 Robotics / RCX / 1009
RE: Mindstorms for Dummies (off topic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:37:01 GMT

Hi Jeffrey!

On 22 Jan 2001, Jeffrey Hazen <jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net> wrote in
<01C08491.E5EEA300@northmill1>:

The whole "Whatever for Dummies" books baffle me.  I have to think
that this is an American phenomenon.  True?  Why on earth would you
buy a book targeted specifically at dummies?  AOL for Dummies I
understand.  It seems like an oxymoron, Mindstorms for Dummies.
What's next, Advanced Nuclear Physics for Dummies.....Boom?

Last dummy book I had in my hands (at the Frankfurt Book Trade Fair)
was: "Sex for Dummies".
I couldn't help but ask--I was at the IDG booth in the American hall--
if US citizens really need that.

<sarcasm>
Considering Florida, it might just be what they need.
</sarcasm>

Greetings,

Joachim
PS: On the other hand, some books are ideal for computer beginners.

--
If you want to contact me, use this address: yo(underscore)1@gmx.de
My homepage: