 Robotics / RCX / 1022
Re: Where is this part?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 19:43:15 GMT

Hej Matthias!

In the UAS manual on page 8, step 2, what is the blue object and where
does it come from? I had originally thought that it might be one of
the differences between RIS1.0 and RIS1.5
You can find it at http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=32137

In real life, it's in RIS 1.5 and Vision Command, there are 4 transparently
blue ones in the 1.5. There are 3 clear transparent ones in the
Vision Command set.

but I note that the photo of the robot on the bottom of page 8 shows
RCX1.0.  I'm assuming here RCX1.0 comes from RIS1.0 and RIS1.5 would
have RCX1.5? Is this true?
Unfortunately not, the RIS 1.5 RCX bricks also have RCX 1.0 imprinted
on them.

Lastly, and probably a related question, the writing on page 8 says
that the robot pictured is the "Roverbot", but the RIS1.0 manual
doesn't refer to such a beast. Is this from the 1.5 manual?
Yes, it is one of the bots from the 1.5 manual.

Happy building,
Sven!