 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1656
Re: Parallel sensor problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:42:22 GMT

Bernardo Dal Seno <piu1759@cdc8g5.cdc.polimi.it> wrote in message
news:87d7dd25ge.fsf@alpha.pippo.bogus...
"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> writes:

Hi, all.

I'm experiencing a strange problem. I'm using two RCXs to control my • crane, and
I have a single touch sensor connected to input 1 on RCX 1 & input 2 on • RCX 2.
However, when I run both programs, which both have a wait_event function • like:

I don't know if this is your problem, but the input ports have polarity
(one lead is connected to ground and the other to +5V through a resistor,
if I remember correctly).  Have you tried to change polarities?

Thanks. I'll try that.

Both programs work OK until one switches on a motor! As soon as that • happens
the *other* program does the slow-down! When the motor stops, correct
functioning returns! But this *only* happens when the sensor is • connected to
both inputs!

Maybe the problem is not in polarity but in a voltage drop on the RCX with
the motor on, draining current for the input port of the other RCX (that
accounts for the fact that one RCX thinks the sensor is pressed).

Nup. I disconnected the motor, but the problem still occurred when the
output was activated.

ROSCO