 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 950
Re: Error in program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:08:11 GMT

calvin8@t-online.de (Andi Scharfstein) writes:

can somebody tell me why this little program doesn't give any output? It
just keeps running and doing nothing...

int Edges[7], CounterLength=0;
task main(){
  SetSensor (SENSOR_2, SENSOR_TOUCH);
  until(CounterLength == 8){
   Edges[CounterLength] = (CounterLength + 1);
   ++CounterLength;}

   CounterLength = 0;
   until(CounterLength == 8){
   repeat(Edges[CounterLength]){
    PlayTone(440,25);
    Wait(35);}
   PlayTone(220,25);
   Wait(35);
   until(SENSOR_2 == 1);
   ++CounterLength;}}

Your array is too small, it runs from 0 to 6.

Maybe you should also put a

  CounterLength = 0;

before the first until.

  until(SENSOR_2 == 1);

makes it wait for the sensor being pressed.
Also, as a matter of style, I'd rather use

  While(CounterLength < 8){

or even better a For loop than

  Until(CounterLength == 8){

Jürgen