 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 947
946  |  948
Subject:
Anyone using Mac beige G3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 04:28:28 GMT

Hi all,

I having trouble connecting a PowerMac G3 (beige model, 233MHz) to the
IR tower. I've tried NQC, MacNQC but keep getting "Error: no response
from IR tower". I've also tried ZTerm to see if I can get an echo back.

The Green LED in the tower lights up when trying to connect so I know I
can transmit properly, but it seems I can't receive.

I've heard reports of people using older Macs with NQC but nobody with a
beige G3. My QuickCam also no longer works in my beige G3 but did in
older Macs so I wonder if Apple changed the serial ports.

So, is anyone using a beige G3 with Mindstorms? If so, what
cables/adapters are you using?

Thanks,
Kevin