 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 327 (-100)
  Re: In Harrisburg PA area the week of 15-20 December 2002

(...) My holiday schedule probably does not permit a microfest three hours from home during the week (though I'll keep an eye on this group to see when you're planning for, in case). But if you're going to be there for an extended time, it might (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Vector Comics

Hey Cool, I was asked to set up some Mecha at Vector Comics in Bayonne NJ. I brought a few to "wet the owners appetite". We are in negotiation for renting the Gomgile. (URL) tell ya, this is gonna be one of the tough things about being buisness like (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.market.appraisal, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Legomaster @ JCAT

Dear Freinds, The 2002 Jersey City Artist Studio Tour was a great experience. I had su much fun. Special thanks to Cindy, my Mother Ruth, Mr. Lexx and Tina for all their help and support. Special thanks to Lugnetter Rob L. for comming down to the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics.vc)

  LEGO lots on eBay

Hi all, I've just thrown several lots up on ebay, cleaning out the closet and stuff. If you're interested you can just search for the seller "petgametoymac" on ebay's seller search at (URL) you can follow my individual links below: 8458 - Silver (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Legomaster @ JCAT 10/5 & 10/06 - Call for Fellow Gardenslugs

Hi all, I will be Exhibiting at the Jersey City Artisit Studio Tours on October 5th and 6th at the 111 First St. Building in Jersey City. This will be my 11th year doing this Art Show. Many great talents are on hand for this two day event. This year (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Meet on 24 August, 2002

Good Meeting! Check out the Pix: ===...=== Legomaster's Lego Continuum: (URL) Gallery: (Post Moderation) (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Legomaster @ Uncle Joes 8/25/02

(URL) August 25th THE NEW DEPRESSIONISTS MOVEMENT PRES A 21ST CENTURY MULTI-MEDIA EXPERIENCE FEATURING THE NU-DEEZ W/ DJS KILL-AUDIO, LEX, OCDJ ALSO: OVER A DOZEN VISUAL & PERFORMANCE ARTISTS THIS IS AN INDOOR/OUTDOOR EVENT 4pm and on...... (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.events, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Meet on 24 August, 2002

Howdy! GardenSLUG will be meeting on Saturday, 24 August, at around 2:00 PM in Hillsborough, NJ -- and you're invited. We'll be building, playing, trading, sharing ideas, and generally having a good time. If you're interested, let us know. Depending (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.de, lugnet.loc.us.ct)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting, second half of august, you're invited!

Hey alright! I'm working Saturday the 17th until 5pm, so if we could meet on the 24th I'd be so happy, besides I owe it too myself and you to actually make it to your place! If others say the 24th is good, that would be great! I want to bring my (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  GardenSLUG meeting, second half of august, you're invited!

Hi all, We are planning a meeting on the 17th or 24th of August in central New Jersey. It would be great to have you. If you've been interested in attending, you attended once, or even if you've never heard of us, we'd like to get to know you and (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.de, lugnet.loc.us.ny)

  Re: Legomaster @ MISUGASS 7/21/02 J.C.N.J.

Wow! (URL) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.events, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Gardenslug mailing list

The private mailing list for Gardenslug can be accessed using this web form. The list is used mainly to arrange meeting times. (URL) the way, I've learned that the digest mode is broken. It is supposed to be daily or when messages reach 30kb. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.de)

  Legomaster @ MISUGASS 7/21/02 J.C.N.J.

SUNDAY, JULY 21 THE NEW DEPRESSIONISTS MOVEMENT PRESENT Taps Lexx Jay -Misugass- A 21ST CENTURY MULTI-MEDIA EXPERIENCE FEATURING THE NU-DEEZ W/ DJS KILL-AUDIO, LEX, OCDJ ALSO: OVER A DOZEN VISUAL & PERFORMANCE ARTISTS THIS IS AN INDOOR/OUTDOOR EVENT (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.events, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: NYers to BrickFest?

(...) You New Yorkers have a pretty inflated notion of where your borders stop! ;-) (...) Actually, it was Cletus who lives in or near Ambler, PA where we met at the local church. Andy lives in or near Tom's River, NJ -- I think. Chris (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Legomaster @ WMcBs Hoboken N.J. 6/13/02

hellatite Thursday was alot of fun! (URL) The DJ in the picture you are referring to is Killaudio. Member of Nyqwill. He's the man. He spins so many types of music. But the night I took that pic he was play'n some really obscure Funk Psychodellic (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Legomaster @ WMcBs Hoboken N.J. 6/13/02

(...) Cool! the guy spinning records is useing a Numark mixer.. What kind of music was he playing? (...) I dig the mecha/bar (club?) action going on! :) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Legomaster @ WMcBs Hoboken N.J. 6/13/02

Which Mecha is up in the Air, but I'll be there! EVENTS (URL) McBrides Hoboken N.J. (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: NY/NJ Brickfest-goers?

(...) I'm going. I'm driving. I could carpool with someone who wasn't going to be bringing as much of the brick as Lindsay. (...) It takes me three hours and $10 by car from north of Princeton. Looking forward to it, Chris (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: NY/NJ Brickfest-goers?

(...) I'm driving. I have to! :) best LFB (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  NY/NJ Brickfest-goers?

I haven't figured if I'm going to BrickFest yet. But I recommend it. Is anyone local thinking about going? Anyway, Amtrak fare from Penn Station (Newark probably same) is 144 round trip on Acela Regional and it takes almost 4 hours. If you think (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: NYC Trawling for fun and Lego

(...) Did this remain nameless on purpose? (...) This might be a good focus issue for a GardenSLUG meeting! Is there somewhere nearby to meet? Chris FUT .gardenslug (22 years ago, 2-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Close to Meeting Time

(...) When is meeting time? (...) Neat! (...) Great! Let us know the whens and we'll let you know the whos. That's kind of how it always works. I will certainly try to make it. Saturday afternoons seem to be the best time for the group in general. (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Close to Meeting Time

Hey all, it's getting close to Meeting time, anybody want to chime in so we can get a head count and decide on a location. I'd be willing to have the meeting at my house. I'll have all my Mecha on display and I have plenty of Lego to look through (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Is there a Lego company store in Enfield, CT?

(...) Mmmmmmmm! I wonder if they're hiring janitors or something? (...) I bet that if such a trip were coordinated, a van full of GardenSLUGs could meet y'all there! (Maybe we could all be hired for a day?) Chris (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Sale @ Bricktopia!

Hi all, For the first time, I'm running a sale at Bricktopia. I'll be out of town for ~11 days starting in a few minutes...so as an experiment, I've raised my minimum order to $40 and put my entire inventory on sale at 20% off of the reasonable (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Pain Made Tangible

Yes, a moment of peace. Now it's my turn to dismantle the Mantis! When I get back from School I work nights for a week. Then some group shots of the dying Mantis. So, after that let's have a meeting and take the Mantis apart! Calling the Gardenslug (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Incidentally, Eric...

Hey LFB! I'm waiting to meet you at a Gardenslug meeting so everyone can help me take it apart. I'm going to a technical trainning school next week in Georgia. When I get back I'm gonna work on getting all my Mecha in a big group shot with the half (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Guys wanna have a meeting next month or so?

Hi Daniel, your welcome to come with an Adult, bring your MOC's and talk about Lego. I'm not sure of the date but I'd like it to be in about a month or so. I have to attend a Technical Training School in Atlanta, so when I get back it would be fun (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Guys wanna have a meeting next month or so?

(...) Ok so I guss I am in then. Eric tell me you are in New jersey and close to bergan county. Then I might be able to go. What do we do at these meetings. Is it like texlug meetings. I have a fellow castle dude in texas. Do we have contest and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Guys wanna have a meeting next month or so?

(...) Cool! I can't guarentee my presense because I have too many reasons for time off, but I'll certainly try. Mike Petrucelli asked: (...) Yeah, basically everyone who wants to participate is more than welcome. It would be great to get more people (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Guys wanna have a meeting next month or so?

(...) Well I am Jersey boy and I would like to join up garden slug. I am 13 live in bergan county am a castle fan and proud of it. I have experimented with space but it just dont work out. How do I jion and how much douse it cost. I cant host a (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Guys wanna have a meeting next month or so?

Wow. I never really noticed that there was a LUG near me. While I am in Pennsylvania, according to the Lugnet map I am within the "zone of influnce" for GardenSLUG. I have never attended a meeting of AFOLs before. Would anyone object to me joining (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Guys wanna have a meeting next month or so?

Hey all, let's have a meeting. I'd like you guys to help me take apart the Mantis. (URL) I'd like to repair all my Mechs from the shipping damage they sustained comming home from Bricks West, then I'm gonna take some group shot pictures with all my (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!

Hi all, I've been playing with VXML and wanted some pet projects to help me learn. So I've been looking at my hobbies for applications. I am continually amazed at how many of you can remember so many LEGO set numbers/names/prices and other stats. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug) !!

  What is gardenslug

Hi Gardenslug people and my dudes from castle world. What is Gardenslug. Is it certain themes olny or can there be catle meeting or whatever too? Is it olny in NJ because I am olny leaveing state once a year for Brickfest? Are there meating Held In (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.castle)

  Any Legos at the PA GATS?

Anyone know if there will be Legos at the GATS show in Valley Forge in February? (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.pa)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

I think when I go down to the Open Mic / Poetry Reading this Thursday in Hoboken, I'll snap a shot of GG in the front passenger seat. It really is funny, darn thing is 37 inches tall! The thing sort of looked like this, but strapped into the car (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

(...) You really need to take a picture of this... Frank (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

Thanks brother, I need to make up for this fiasco and hang with my fellow GardenSlugers! (after Brickswest) Eric (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

(...) AAIIIEEE! You went all the way to Staten Island? (You were actually in NYC!) The Outerbridge Crossing is really hideously expensive--I've only been across it twice because of that. (Fortunately, the first time resulted in a seriously excellent (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

Ok, heres the deal, First off I'm very glad that everyone had a nice time, I think it's great that we can get together and share our passion for Lego. On the other hand, boy did I mess up! Check this out. Drove down 287 looking for the Somerset (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

(...) It's only up here on the mountain that reception dies. There are spots as close as a mile away in which there is spotty reception enough to sometimes use. I wonder what it would take to get a cell tower or whatever installed up here. Chris (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

(...) My AT&T phone worked ok last year (from the Kmart parking lot anyway) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

<sigh> Sorry you couldn't find the place... Several of us were wondering why you didn't show. Maybe next time we can have a telephone number to call for emergencies. Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that Chris's house is out of cell phone range. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: We met!

Hello all. :-) Had a great time at the meeting... hope you all did too. Here are the pictures I took of the MOC's that showed up and also the group shot. (URL) we can manage to get together again soon. I'd like to thank Chris Weeks for hosting, and (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  We met!

Hi all, GardenSLUG met today at my place. It was fun. We showed off MOCs, we chatted, we all took a baggie with the same parts and built doohickies, we chatted, and we traded some stuff. Chris Dee was with us from the UK and New Jersians: Andy (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

(...) Seriously? That sucks! We really missed you too. On a couple of different occasions, we remarked that Eric and Cletus were supposed to show up but never made it. What happened? Chris (22 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

You're not really lost? Who was at the meeting? What did you do? -Erik (barely recovered from entertaining company, consuming Port and such.) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

(URL) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

Well, I'm sorry to say it, but I will not be able to attend the meeting for several reasons. One of which is that I have to take a Johns Hopkins test thing tomorrow, actually it's the SATs, but they don't really count at this point in time. Anyway I (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

Hey Chris, Looking forward to the meeting. Just curious, did you plan on playing that game where everyone gets a set of the same pieces to brainstorm and build with? I don't think I saw any more discussion after your original post on it. -Andy Lynch (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!

Hi all, This is just a reminder that the Garden State LEGO Users Group will be meeting tomorrow. If you're attending and have not previously announced your intent, you need to do so ASAP. I expect to have a fun time and look forward to seeing those (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.de)

  Re: January 26 meeting

Hey Andy! I'm bringing my Gomgile the GG Mech and my Little Blue Bot for starters. GG Mech: (URL) foward to meeting everone! I'm also looking for Grey Lego and Technic too. Taking requests to bring Lego that I might have. Sorry, I have no Indian (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: January 26 meeting

(...) <snip> So! Countdown to the meeting continues... What MOC's are people bringing? I'm planning on bringing my Gatehouse, based on Neuschwanstein: (URL) my (tiny) town house: (URL) looking forward to seeing other people's stuff. Eric Sophie, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: January 26 meeting

(...) Hi Chris, I meant to reply to this post sooner. Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting. :-) Reading this post went something like this: Hmmm, Chris Dee. Name sounds familiar... Search on Lugnet. Oh! Chris Dee, Parts Author (among other (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Nic-name Disclaimer

Eric, You know that I know that you know why and what about the nickname. Know what I'm saying??? %-) Seriously that's a very honest post. Kudos. Bryce (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Nic-name Disclaimer

Eric Sophie writes: Hello all, I just wanted to make a little disclaimer out of respect for all the Builders out there. Many People in my area (NJ) have called me the "Legomaster". This is a name in which I have come to be known by Locally, and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: January 26 meeting

This is gonna be cool, it seems like there are a fair amount of people going to the meeting. Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: January 26 meeting

(...) Are you part of a car coop or something? If so, that's cool! The two stations, that I think make the most sense are Raritan and Princeton Junction. If you look at the NJTransit map at (URL) you can orient by noting that my house is almost (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: January 26 meeting

(...) I live in the UK, but will be in NJ on business over this weekend and would like to join you if I may. I could bring a small amount to trade/sell. Please let me know privately or here if there is anything I can bring - I may be able to source (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: January 26 meeting

By the way, I'm checking if I can be there. I don't have the car. Can someone meet me at a train station? I'd bring some Indian heads except my Lego is boxed up right now. Argh! (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: January 26 meeting

(...) Cool, I'll be there, and I'll bring some more customized and modified minifigs for all your viewing pleasure/horror. I'll need directions again, too, off I287. At the top of my current want list is the Indian female head from the Western sets. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: January 26 meeting

(...) i'll see if i can go chances are yes, i can go. btw chris did you get my e-mail? oh and i'll need directions. i live in montville its by 287 (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: January 26 meeting

Hey sounds good, I'll check my schedez. Um I'll need directions from up in Nothern NJ. Eric Sophie (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: January 26 meeting

Chris, As I indicated, I'll be there. I will need directions though, when the time comes. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> (...) Hillsborough, (...) less from (...) north and (...) before and I (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Meeting at my house?

Gosh, it's been a month or so since I read our newsgroup last...oops. (...) Maybe, when did you have in mind? It's tough for me to get off during the weekend days. (...) In Salem or Bergen? Oh...it must be Bergen. Mapquest says it's 50 miles and an (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  January 26 meeting

Hi all, GardenSLUG will be meeting on the 26th of January at my home in Hillsborough, NJ around noon or 1 PM. I'm 1.5 hours from Manhattan and a little less from downtown Philadelphia (both under decent traffic conditions) -- just north and east of (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi)

  Meeting at my house?

Hey you guys wanna come to the Legomaster's house for a small get together? I live in Oakland, around the RTE. 287 / RTE. 208 area. I'm gonna start sending all my Robots to California for Brickswest and I figure if you guys wann see them before I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Meeting?

THANK YOU! Apparently there are GardenSLUG members still out there... anyway I've been trying to figure that out, too. I thought Chris was going to plot something, but then it sort of trailed off after my post.. oh well...I'm open to planning (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Meeting?

Are we still up for a meeting this month or next? Chris, are you still planning on hosting? I can't normally plan months in advance, but a few weeks in advance is a little more reasonable. -Andy Lynch (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Any future meeting?

Okay, now maybe I'm just getting a little impatient and frustrated, but everytime we start conversing about a meeting all talk suddenly stops dead. WHY IS THIS!? A while ago there was talk of a meeting the weekend before Thanksgiving. That somehow (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

hmmm... i see... 12 Jan would be absolutely peachy for me, since I have nothing better to do, it all depends on location, sadly enough it always seems to be location which does it in for me, Feb 2 would be out of the question, mainly because it's my (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Well, I am still hoping to host a meeting at my place soonish. Erik is the only one to respond to my solicitation of dates. 12 Jan might be a little soon for my to get my house together after the new baby/Xmas blitzkrieg but maybe. How many (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) First or maiden? Catherine Byland (to answer both). No. She's half Polish Jew and half Swiss English. And I'm a mutt with several known ancestors from England and Wales, and several from across northern Europe. I might have Finnish in me, but (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

Well when I saw there was an explosion of posts in the GardenSLUG forum, I was hoping that a lot of people were offering to help collaborate with a meeting. However, I found this, and although it doesn't involve meetings, it's still just as cool. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

Holy moly! This is great! I did'nt know you were expecting. Man, I'm happy for you and the Wife, and everyone else too! Wow! Congratulations! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Chris, Congrats! Daughters are lots of fun, I have two. George (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks writes: Well done to you all. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

Congratulations to your family! I love new baby announcements! For the record, I think she might hold the record for earliest exposure to our beloved brick. :) -Dave (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

Congratulations! What is your wife's name? Is there some Finnish heritage on her side? -Erik (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) While you're waiting (heck, while we're ALL waiting!) for their return, you might consider picking up some of the HP sets (make sure you include Diagon Alley) and setting them aside for her. They have an appeal even to girls who wouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

Congratulations Chris! This is great news, glad all went well! :-) -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> (...) Our (...) stored, so (...) attended (...) fantastic (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Well, one can always hope that by the time she's old enough for System LEGO, the Paradisa will have returned to the pink and purple aisles... Frank (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Congrats! I'd dispense useful advice about having a second child, but our son Connor is only about 5 days older than Kivi. :) Kids rock. James (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Thanks. (...) Count on it. (...) I think we're going with your first. It's not long like you say TeeVee. It's more like Tipi. It is a Finnish name, but for boys, so we're cheating. Chris (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: A new daughter!

(...) Congrats. Don't walk down those pink and purple aisles at TRU - just give her Lego! :-) Bruce (Kivi, Keevee? Intriguing name, either pronunciation) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  A new daughter!

Hi all, My daughter, Kivi Alexis Weeks was born four hours ago at my house! Our Sunroom was the place of birth and is also where all my LEGO is stored, so she was born under the watchful gaze of many many minifigs. We were attended by a midwife and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug) !

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

Okay, so now that I look at it again it isn't extreme Northern Jersey, but it is above Trenton, which sort of makes it north jersey in a certain way. I'd complain about my inability to travel, but that'd do no good. I'm really open for any weekend, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

No, no Northern N.J. is not in the picture, Chris lives in and around Southern NJ....so we'll go there and meet. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

woah! NNJ is a bit far for me.. err northern jersey is beyond my limits of travel, unless connected with my friend's granparents who live in Princeton, there'd be little to none chance of me being able to attend to the proposed meeting. Of course (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

(...) Uh...New Jerseyans seem to have a different definition of "far" than Midwesterners (which I consider myself), but if you're willing to drive to SoCal, then it won't seem far. Look it up on Mapquest...I'm in zip code 08844 (or 08853 if they (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Let's get together, eh?

I'm up for it! I'd like to meet people from N.J. I live in Northern NJ, is it far? Also, I'd like to show you how I used the parts brought from you. Cool, C-ya.... BTW I might goto BFW too. Still under heavy consideration.... If you go, will you (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Let's get together, eh?

Hey all, How about a GardenSLUG meeting at my house in the second half of January or sometime in February? There is some minuscule chance that I'll find a way to go to BricksWest so that weekend might be bad, but otherwise, I'll entertain (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Legomaster to Exhibit this weekend

Folks, I will be Exhibiting at the Jersey City Artist Studio Tour this weekend Saturday and Sunday Oct. 21st and 22nd at the 111 First Street Art building in New Jersey. This is my 10th year doing this show and it is always great. The Studio Tour (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  The Debut of The Legomaster's Lego Continuum

Well Folks it's been a long time and a long road traveled, I am proud to announce the Debut of my Web Site: The Legomaster's Lego Continuum (URL) visit the site and let me know your impressions! Thank you Eric Sophie (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug) !

  Re: Meeting weekend before Thanksgiving?

(...) Bit of a problem with that, y'see, I'm a TFOL who lives all the way down by Philly. So going to Jersey City in a few days wouldn't be an option, but however, if you'd like to get in on this BrikWars bout I and a few others are putting together (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Meeting weekend before Thanksgiving?

I'm here! I'm here! I live in NJ! Anybody want to come to see my creations in Mid October? It will be in Jersey City on the water front. I'll be making an official announcement in a couple of days. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Meeting weekend before Thanksgiving?

(...) Uhh... it seems this has fallen to the bottom of the barrel, never to found again... so I have resorted to replying to myself to bring some attention to this message about a possible GardenSLUG meeting, just look at the one I replied to, to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Meeting weekend before Thanksgiving?

Well for those of us who are subscribed to the mailing list, a few people are trying to put together some BrikWars meeting in Hightstown, NJ. I was just seeing who's up for it...... Also we'll have to decide if we're going to want to mess with the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Manhattan meet: Wednesday September 12

I should have posted this in ny.ny where it belongs. Anyway, meeting Wednesday! Read.... (Nit: JD's is on the other side of 3rd Av from Citi) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact