 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 288
Re: GardenSLUG meeting tomorrow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:53:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Eric Sophie writes:
Ok, heres the deal, First off I'm very glad that everyone had a nice time, I
think it's great that we can get together and share our passion for Lego.

On the other hand, boy did I mess up!

Check this out.

Drove down 287 looking for the Somerset Bridgewater area exit for 202/206.
Note to self the exit is called Benardsvile/Somerset, comming from North.

I figured out by the time I went all the way down to RTE. 440 and paid the 6
bucks for the bridge that I want too far!

   AAIIIEEE!  You went all the way to Staten Island?  (You were actually
   in NYC!)  The Outerbridge Crossing is really hideously expensive--I've
   only been across it twice because of that.  (Fortunately, the first
   time resulted in a seriously excellent find.)

Then, since my printer crapped out on me recently, I wrote the directions
down by hand, ug! I wrote "Towersvile rd." instead of "Wurtsville rd" I
can't belive it!

   I remembered that the time before I'd gone down Montgomery, so I
   followed the detour.  But those signs are a pain to read!

What a lame mistake! Well I paid for it because I drove and drove and drove
until I was so thirsty I stopped into the BK on rte. 206 and got a drink,
well no sooner did I get the drink into the car and the bottom fell out of
the drink! Releaseing said soft beverage into my lap and soaking me thru to
my draws!

Man-o-man!

   Oh, good Lord.  Somehow the powers that be were arrayed against you!
   (BK?)

Hey LFB, Only Gojira can save Tokyo! I had the GG mech riding in the front
seat the whole way. The lap belt secured the beast into place causing quite
a few on lookers to gawk at choice intersections and the like. What a laugh.

I figured if it was a weekday I could get busted driving in the HOV lane
with a dummy or a maniquin in the passenger seat!

   I get funny looks with ship masts sticking up in the back seat.  But
   I'm sure their reactions to you are much, much better.

   I'm so sorry for all that befell you!  I was looking forward to the
   chance to meet and see some of your creations.  But there *will* be
   another, and hopefully soon!

   best

   LFB