 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 239
Re: Let's get together, eh?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:45:09 GMT

No, no Northern N.J. is not in the picture, Chris lives in and around
Southern NJ....so we'll go there and meet.

Eric

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Peter McLoone writes:
woah! NNJ is a bit far for me.. err northern jersey is beyond my limits of
travel, unless connected with my friend's granparents who live in Princeton,
there'd be little to none chance of me being able to attend to the proposed
meeting. Of course I'd be the pesky little 13-year-old in Southern Jersey.
(XvRiscvX@aol.com) All my previous attempts at collaborating to make a
meeting failed. OF course given that I'm 13 I can't host a meeting at my
house, although I do have the proper setup. (old train platform with my
legos on it) Anyway unless the meeting's like a Saturday in March, nothern
jersey would be relatively out of the question, and even at that it's
sketchy. WHERE ARE ALL THE SOUTHERN JERSEY LEGO DUDES!? I, and my group of
LEGO dudes (there are four of us altogether). Unfortunately, one has just
about no lego, the other is obsessed with his online girlfriend, a third one
lives far away and has anti-social parents( or at least in my opinion they
do ) and of course I have the half-assed initiative, somewhere between
wanting to do it, and not wanting to do it, or more likely, wnating to do
it, but not entirely focused on it. Anyway make sure to keep us updated on
further news.

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Christopher L. Weeks writes:

Uh...New Jerseyans seem to have a different definition of "far" than
Midwesterners (which I consider myself), but if you're willing to drive to
SoCal, then it won't seem far.  Look it up on Mapquest...I'm in zip code 08844
(or 08853 if they don't have the other)

Neat!

If I go, the most likely thing is that work is sending me to a class and I'm
staying extra.  So I'd fly.  if that didn't work out and I knew someone who
wanted to drive and needed someone to take a shift at the wheel and I could
manage the time off work, then I might go along with them if it were
affordable.  I'd just have to see what my options were.

Chris