 Off-Topic / Fun / 6937
Re: Stuff (Was: some other stuff)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:05:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  The tyranny of the majority, however, can change almost anything.
  How many of us make Xeroxes or receive Fedexes?  (Federals Express?)
  *Man*, is the English language ever fun!  I love it.

  best

  Lindsay

But it's only at its best wiv a PROpper INGlish accent mate, nartymean?.
(Coming to Gosport btw?)  Anyway, I've got to hoover the floor...

And another thing, it's "attendees" that really winds me up.  It's not a
word, and it's the wrong way round - if you pay, you're a 'payer', not a
'payee'.  But no-one wants to be an 'attender' or an 'attendant', and
unfortunately the people pushing out memos to remind you of the voice-mail
about the e-mailed fax inviting you to a video-conference to discuss a
meeting are not the sort to show any concern that they may have just made up
some complete drivel.

Has Dilbert done that one yet?

Jason J Railton