 Off-Topic / Fun / 6848
Re: NOT the Queen's English
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:04:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:

Here's a few other words and phrases to add to the list:

ekspecially
ekscape
"I have the slightest idea"
comf-ter-ble (for comfortable)
farhead (for forehead)
acrossed

Add to that "let me aks you a question" and "I took a pitcher with my
camera."  Both usages are popular here in "Picksburg."

supposably
libary

I know this is not improper but it always jars me when my NLS, who hails from
Long Island, talks about having to stand "on line" at the post office or bank.
Is this peculiar to New Yorkers or do people say it up and down the whole
East Coast?

Maggie (a native Californian who hates to stand in line)