 Off-Topic / Fun / 6874
Re: NOT the Queen's English
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:40:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Maggie Cambron wrote:

I know this is not improper but it always jars me when my NLS, who hails from
Long Island, talks about having to stand "on line" at the post office or bank.
Is this peculiar to New Yorkers or do people say it up and down the whole
East Coast?

I think they get it from across the pond.  They just can't bring themselves
to go whole hog, and stand on queue.

Steve