 Off-Topic / Debate / 9449
Re: Lugnet Guide a lot less convenient today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 23:17:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

Never let it be said that a Strine[1] was adverse to a little "linguistic
laziness", but in this case, it actually changes the entire meaning of the
sentence. Most people know what is actually meant, but it just doesn't make
sense to me, when the correct usage is only a short syllable longer.

Ooops missed the footnote.

[1] Strine: Strine for Australian