 Off-Topic / Debate / 9439
9438  |  9440
Subject:
Phrenetic Phonetics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 20:03:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
I follow the course of logic that:

Technical = (tek-nik-al)

and therefore,

Technic = (tek-nik)

I suspect people say (tek-neek) because they incorrectly think "technic" is
the correct spelling of the word "technique."

  8^)  Not me.  My first exposure to "Technic" was in the form of
"Technics," pronounced "teck-neeks" by a salesperson at a stereo store.

     Dave!