 Off-Topic / Debate / 9427
Re: NOT the Queen's English (was re: Lugnet Guide a lot less convenient today)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 16:18:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron writes:

Hey, I resemble that nasturtium!

Maggie C. (tickled to have worked the word "nasturtium" into yet another
post)

Must've missed the other one(s), sorry 8?)

(click,click,click....read....)

Oh, there it is! http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/fun/?n=6429 Looks like a few
other people like that one, too. Well I guess I've got one of your favourite
words pinned down, not sure about t'other - maybe Marmite (blech - doesn't
come close to Vegemite)?

Yes, you got it!  Actually I had never heard of Marmite except on Lugnet, but
ever since the Men At Work song I have been quite curious about Vegemite-- I
even asked my mother-in-law once if she would pick me up some when she went to
Australia, but she forgot about it. (Or maybe she didn't... hmm....)

Maggie