 Off-Topic / Debate / 9443
Re: NOT the Queen's English (was re: Lugnet Guide a lot less convenient today)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 22:21:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Santosh Bhat writes:
Is that metal Aloomenum (which I'm sure Americans are keeping secret from
the rest of the world) actually useful for anything?

Santosh

How else would you pronounce aluminum?  Can't be five syllables with only
four vowels.  ;-)

Bruce