 Off-Topic / Debate / 9468
Re: Grammar vs Logic (was: Lugnet Guide a lot less convenienttoday)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:01:15 GMT

Mark Sandlin wrote:

I always assumed it was a shortened sentence for "Write me a letter."

Well that certainly makes more sense. I still think it sounds odd though - "write
me", as if telling me to grab a sheet of paper upon which I must inscribe the word
"me".  Maybe's it's just me :-)

Jennifer Clark