 Off-Topic / Debate / 9426
Re: Lugnet Guide a lot less convenient today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:38:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
I'm happy with the new way.  I do like to read people's comments, but its
fine to have to do an extra click.  I could care less about people who own
the set, want the set, or want to sell it.

Aaarrrgh!! I don't know who decided "couldn't" should be shortened to "could"
but it seems to have caught on.

I suppose it's possible that you could care less - but I bet you meant you
couldn't care less. Not that I have anything against yan^H^H^H americans, but
you seem to quite regularly do awful things like this to the language.

ROSCO

Gor'blimey, those bloody colonials.  Can't say nuffink right, never say the
proper "f" in lieutenant, do they now?  Always titterin' when you want to
know iff'n they want to be knocked up inna mornin'.

Bruce
;-)