 Off-Topic / Fun / 10424
10423  |  10425
Subject:
TIA (was Re: A serious clone question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:52:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   where’d you get that pic? did you make it? creepy, 1984, apocolyptic feel to it.

If you have the misfortune to be a proud U.S. citizen, it is nothing more than your govt. at work against YOU!

see: http://www.thememoryhole.org/policestate/iao-logo.htm

The government’s Information Awareness Office--you know, the Defense agency that’s running the Total Information Awareness Program, the huge database that will track everything about everyone in the US and beyond, helmed by convicted felon John Poindexter--keeps getting more shy. First, the IAO took down the biographies of its senior staff. (The Memory Hole has mirrored them here.)

Now, the IAO has removed its eye-death-ray logo, which was denounced far and wide as being Orwellian, Masonic, and just plain creepy as hell.

Above, we’ve archived the logo’s large version. Below, we’ve archived the IAO’s banner, which used to incorporate the logo but is now quite plain. (The banner also used to contain the IAO’s slogan, “Scienta est potentia,” which is Latin for, “Knowledge is power.”)

As I sometimes say, it’s laugh or cry time. I wish I could tell you I made this logo myself, that it’s all just a bad dream. Sadly, no. Our real lives are becoming more bizarre than bad fiction.

-- Hop-Frog