 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1893
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:41:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Quibbling about what particular charters say or don't say when the owners
intent is clear strikes me as not particularly useful. (but then, I tend to
resort to appeal to what the authors of a document intended (c.f. you will
often see me cite the Federalist Papers as a view to what the Constitution
framers intended) rather than split hairs about what the precise wording of
a document is)

  Might be useful to ease back on the spin, there.  "Quibbling" suggests
pointless bickering about minutiae, but I think my question about the charter
was legitimate and perfectly in keeping with honest exchange of information.

I haven't previously commented on the original question you raised, Dave!

But since you (indirectly) asked, I have no issue with the form of your original
question, did not think it was quibbling, and think the answer that you and
others suggested (post to announce.moc with FUT set to ot.clone) is eminently
workable and reasonable.

My issue is not with you or your question, Dave!

It rather is with the rabble rouser who latches onto a (small, if even a
controversy at all) controversy to try to make it into a larger one by
repeatedly making inflammatory statements. And we all know who that rabble
rouser is, as he's done it before here and elsewhere, and it's not you, Dave!

Hope that helps. If not, you know how to reach me via email, Dave!