 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1883
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 02:15:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Terry Prosper wrote:
I really, really respect and like this Company.  It's made some errors, but
unlike other companies, I believe they are really trying to help children
develop,

     They actually have a division that's set up just to explore how their
product can be used to help in early childhood development, on top of stuff like
the LEGO First League

They have replaced parts for me without asking questions every time I called >them.

     Same here.  I bought a Matoro set from McD's only to find that someone had
stolen the Kanohi, and they sent me a replacement _set_.  I had a Manas drive
unit that wasn't working correctly, and they sent me a free replacement (they
did send me a SASE to return the defective unit, but it was so they could
investigate why it didn't work correctly, not for proof that I wasn't trying to
scam them).  I was even able to get a December replacement for a mispacked piece
in the Technic R2-D2 (mixup between white #5 and #6 angle-connectors) even
though their Consumer Affairs department had been told that they wouldn't be on
shelves for another month.

this :
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/morepress.asp?RegionalSiteId=11&id=804
is exactly the ind of thing I respect about LEGO.
Call me stupid.
I don't wear 300$ shoes written Nike on them because they are made in Asia by
children paid 1$ per week.

     Hm, interesting.  Were you aware that TLC has been licensing Bionicle shoes
through Nike for about a year now?  I wonder how/if this will affect that
deal...