 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1859
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:01:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   I think it’s very easy for those of you insisting on brand exclusionary practices to see yourselves as inoffensive, but you’re not.

I’m only saying that this site is called LEGO-USER GROUP network. Not Bricks user group network. Dave can go post his LEGO MOC like anyother in the announce.MOC forums, but this site is dedicated to LEGO, not clones. And it’s not as if I was saying what everybody should think. I stated clearly:

“I am only saying my point of view here. It may or may not represent the opinions of other members.”

So why would someone like you go around and insult me? I should like other brands too because you said so? Purists are idiots means exactly that to me. So pardon me if I was offensive, but not nearly as much as you are. And as I said, once again, this site is about LEGO, not bricks. Therefore, clickits are more suitable for this website than bricks from clone companies, even if my reason to be here are the building products LEGO makes, not their clickits, their clothes, their gear, etc.

If you want to change this website’s orientation and ask that it should be called Bugnet instead, go ahead, maybe you will succeed and this whole clone issue will be irrelevant. But as of now, it’s not.