 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1858
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:52:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   Purists are idiots.

But you forget (or may not realise) who you are arguing with, David.

Best to let this go, rather than feeding the argument. We all enjoy the hobby in different ways, let it go at that. Some of us enjoy building, while some enjoy testing creations to destruction to see what happens. Some of us enjoy the constriction of limiting our palette, and some enjoy broadening it with other things. Some of us enjoy community building, and (regrettably) some of us enjoy testing communities by posting inflammatory rhetoric to see what happens.

You are sparring with someone who has demonstrated, repeatedly, that the last item is one of his pleasures. Don’t feed him.

Decide what you enjoy and as long as it harms no one else (which rules that last item out), enjoy it and be happy. Worry not what others think.

Ah! That kind of thread is exactly why I stopped going in the OT.D forums a long time ago. People there insult you, then their friends come in and add fuel to the fire, then you try to defend yourself, but they accuse you of adding fuel to the fire. Lar, Hop-Frog, shame on you both for this arrogant attitude. We were merely discussing clone-brands MOC here, and you both come here to insult me. What a waste of time coming here and argue with people like these.