 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1896
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:38:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti wrote:

   Purists are idiots.

Good to see you keep an open mind:0)

I can tell the difference between Lego and Clones -any clone- simply from the sound. They sound cheap and they are cheap.

In respone to your paint analogy- An artist uses quality products not cheap knock offs. Show me an artist that uses bargain basement paints.

Having said that MB has made great improvements to their product but it still pales in comparison to the quality and tolerances of Lego products.

I buy Lego because it is a quality product that will last for decades. I have Lego that is 30 years old and is great shape. I challenge you to show me MB’s half that old that have stood the test of time.

Mike