 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1875
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:40:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   I’m saying does a side need to be taken? I haven’t really seen it as an issue (beyond this thread).

No, of course you don’t need to take sides.

To me, there are 2 separate issues here: 1-Was my answer to the theorical question from David stated in an offensive way towards anyone? 2-Was Hop-Frog’s comments abusive?

This IS a storm in a glass of water, I’ll agree to that. If Richard Marchetti has something against my opinion, then he should have said so politely. Instead, he insulted a whole part of this community.

As for the original question, I thought it was fairly answered by myself that it wouldn’t be a big deal for me. I mean, people do it on occasion, I’ve never complained about clone parts before. I was merely saying was many think: Lugnet is about LEGO more than clones, although I’ll admit that many people can think of “LEGO” as the parts rather the Company.

Terry