 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1847
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 03:18:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Terry Prosper wrote:
I'd say no.

I'd agree with Terry.

<<snip the personal brick xenophobia>>

It IS a Lego resource, and the opportunity for us to leverage some of the
impressive community systems here into our extended appreciation of the power of
the brick is a discretion of the wiser minds that rule Lugnet, in face of the
lesser minds who denegrate clones.

As many of you know, it was the need to build great big ships on a budget that
did not run to Lego bricks that got me into clones in the first place.  I spent
all of yesterday working on a new three decked escort carrier, built up on the
design ideas of the Sydney Class Gunships, and am having a fabulous time.  I
occaisionally post into .loc.au on a moc with clone enhancement (usually large
numbers of grey 2x4 bricks) with a suitable moc warning, but even there, in what
is a fairly tolerant gang, there are some 'purist or nothing' zealots.

I'd stick with lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, and let the more open minded come
here for a look around from time to time.

I look forward to the day when we can muster a Mega Blocks community resource
along the lines of what Lugnet provides.  Not the reams of data about old sets
and who likes what, but the noticeboardy type stuff.  We can do much of this
here, but I think we'd enjoy it more if we weren't reminded that we are at the
periphery of a larger community, much of which would be happier if we didn't
exist at all to pollute their narrower experience of life...

Richard
Still baldly going...

HES Valhalla WWII Escort Carrier http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/007.htm
Sea Harrier VTOL attack aircraft http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/011.htm